Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Possible Inserts on Denon x900 mixer

Default Possible Inserts on Denon x900 mixer

I have been sorting out my rack case to fit in my EQ.

I have been thinking. Would it be possible to use the Effects channel and use these as inserts???

If you don't know what inserts are, it would go something like this.

You would plug your speakers in the main out on the mixer but instead of the sound going straight to the speakers the sound is divereted through the inserts, in and back out of the piece of equipment (ie, EQ) then back to the main out and through the speakers in a split second, if I am correct.

Would this be possible at all???

Quote Originally Posted by KMA Disco View Post
    I have been sorting out my rack case to fit in my EQ.

I have been thinking. Would it be possible to use the Effects channel and use these as inserts???

If you don't know what inserts are, it would go something like this.

You would plug your speakers in the main out on the mixer but instead of the sound going straight to the speakers the sound is divereted through the inserts, in and back out of the piece of equipment (ie, EQ) then back to the main out and through the speakers in a split second, if I am correct.

Would this be possible at all???
    In my experience I have always gone out the main output on my mixer and then into the EQ inputs and then the EQ outs go into the amp so the sound that has been Equalised goes straight to the amp and is outputted. Don't see why you want to put it back into the mixer?

Hey Steve,

With the way the EQ is mounted in the box, its going to be very hard to try and plug the all the cables in. I don't really want to have female to male leads connecting up. Just lookts messy tbh.

Forgot t mention that the effects channel and be routed to any output so It can be sent to the master output also.

You would plug your speakers in the main out on the mixer
    It's oh so quiet, so still....

I see what you mean about it looking messy Tom but sometimes looks are not everything especially when there is only you who is going to see the inside of the case.

Quote Originally Posted by A1DL View Post
    It's oh so quiet, so still....
    I'm not sure what you mean but as I have active speakers then that's what I would do.

Quote Originally Posted by djsteve10 View Post
    I see what you mean about it looking messy Tom but sometimes looks are not everything especially when there is only you who is going to see the inside of the case.
    I see what your saying Steve. I still think there is to much cable going inside the box.

Well I gave it a go and it works a treat. Just has to put the effects from dry to wet and hey presto. Now I will be able to get a better sound out of my speakers at gigs (mostly the sub as I know it can perform better than what it does now).

nigelwright7557

Well I gave it a go and it works a treat. Just has to put the effects from dry to wet and hey presto. Now I will be able to get a better sound out of my speakers at gigs (mostly the sub as I know it can perform better than what it does now).
    I find a simple bass/treble control on the mixer works fine.

I am not quite sure why anyone would want equalisation.
    e.g. putting lift/drop at a certain frequency is gonna make it sound pretty odd. And if that works for the current track the next track could need very different equalisation.

Every bit of electronics in the signal path adds noise/distortion to the signal.

If your sound is really that poor that you need eq then perhaps there is a more fundamental problem with your amp and/or speakers ?

An expert sound engineer has spent hours getting the sound right only for you to mess with it. That doesnt seem to make much sense.

Minor changes to bass/treble are fine, any more and I suspect you have a problem somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by nigelwright7557 View Post
    I find a simple bass/treble control on the mixer works fine.

I am not quite sure why anyone would want equalisation.
    e.g. putting lift/drop at a certain frequency is gonna make it sound pretty odd. And if that works for the current track the next track could need very different equalisation.

Every bit of electronics in the signal path adds noise/distortion to the signal.

If your sound is really that poor that you need eq then perhaps there is a more fundamental problem with your amp and/or speakers ?

An expert sound engineer has spent hours getting the sound right only for you to mess with it. That doesnt seem to make much sense.

Minor changes to bass/treble are fine, any more and I suspect you have a problem somewhere.
    Not being funny but you may want to say that to either recording studios who require a flat sound and use eq to get that flat sound and that goes the same to pro touring rigs.

You can have the best speakers in the world but every room is different and make the any speaker act different. Hence why I wanted to put my EQ back in the rig. I used to use it before and I was possible to make my cheap pa speakers sound much better than what they were.

I sure my speakers are fine. I use Mackie SRM450 V2 and the DB Sub 15.

nigelwright7557

Not being funny but you may want to say that to either recording studios who require a flat sound and use eq to get that flat sound and that goes the same to pro touring rigs.

You can have the best speakers in the world but every room is different and make the any speaker act different. Hence why I wanted to put my EQ back in the rig. I used to use it before and I was possible to make my cheap pa speakers sound much better than what they were.

I sure my speakers are fine. I use Mackie SRM450 V2 and the DB Sub 15.
    But we arent talking about studios, we are talking about a disco gig !

With a disco we are talking about speakers with lots of people in front of them, where is the variation ?

Even if the sound sint flat then how are you going to do it with a pair of ears ? You need a white noise source and a spectrum analyser to get anywhere near close !

Quote Originally Posted by nigelwright7557 View Post
    But we arent talking about studios, we are talking about a disco gig !

With a disco we are talking about speakers with lots of people in front of them, where is the variation ?

Even if the sound sint flat then how are you going to do it with a pair of ears ? You need a white noise source and a spectrum analyser to get anywhere near close !
    From another thread, this is where this comes in to play - Link