Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Thread: Denon DNX500 Mixer

Default Denon DNX500 Mixer

Hi all , I currently use one of these fine mixers. On a normal gig the master output level led's are hardly ever lit , sometimes the first two or three will stay on if I'm pumping out some dance music. I feel I may not be getting the best sound from the mixer but I'm nor sure , there is an Attenuation gain control on the back of the mixer I am wondering I may have this set too low?
    WOODY

Hello Woodyo,

I have the x900 and I have the same problem. There is nothing wrong with either the mixer or the sound.

TO get all the vu leds lit up you would need to put each channel on 10 with the gain set and put the master to 3/4. You will then see all the leds on the master output light but then you would need to turn your speakers down by the amp.

Worcestershire, West Midlands/Cotswolds Border

Yup, same thing with my X500, its by design, but at least you know there's plenty of headroom. I only usually get into the orange when using the mic.

I tend to use the channel fader LEDs more to get each track at the same level so doesn't really bother me.
    DJs, PA, Lighting & AV Hire, LED Uplighting & Wedding Lighting, Dance Floor Hire, Starcloth & Room Decor - Covering the Midlands & Cotswolds.
    Revolution Event Services Ltd - Wedding Lighting
    01386 898 113

Don't you just love Denon!

Uh..."You have been fined 99 bicycle clips, go directly to jail, do not collect 200 pounds... who's that naughty boy there?"

would the -10db switch on back not fix this?
    When the world ends , ill probably have to clean up the mess.

nigelwright7557

Quote Originally Posted by Danno13 View Post
    Yup, same thing with my X500, its by design, but at least you know there's plenty of headroom. I only usually get into the orange when using the mic.
    Just so long as it doesnt put out more than 0db otherwise you could be damaging your amp and/or speakers.

Most amps are designed for 0db max into them, any more and you will probably get distortion, much more than that you could end up blowing fuses or frying something.

Quite often if an amp dies it can take the speakers with it if it outputs DC for any length of time. I have protection circuits on my home made amps to detect DC and that disconnects the speakers via a relay.

Yes , the switch on the back of the mixer has sorted this. Much happier now as I can see what is happening at the output stage where before it was just a guessing match. Thanks again guys for all your help.
    WOODY

Quote Originally Posted by Woodyo View Post
    Yes , the switch on the back of the mixer has sorted this. Much happier now as I can see what is happening at the output stage where before it was just a guessing match. Thanks again guys for all your help.
    id be inclined to check on the denon dj forum first.