Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: LED Par 56

Quote Originally Posted by KMA Disco View Post
    Ollie, Yes. Best bet to use them fully. You can set the dips so they run in cycles but not as good as a controller.

In some song where all the music cuts out you can turn all the par cans off, then fade them in for example. Good effect.
    Cool

Here's a question for you... I'm useless with DMX, i want to get into it properly however... is it possible to run a series of scenes for led par cans, at the same time as running a series of scenes for scanners?

Thanks
    Ollie J. Needham
    O.J. Entertainment
    Northamptonshire, UK

You can.....but it will just look mush. If you plan to use the built in microphone in the dmx controller then the lights will just strobe. Not a good thing for aunti mable 70th.

I usually get my roadie to press the scene buttons in time to te music. Might sound weird but he knows what colour is on each scene and can mix about with the colours ect.

Scanners and par cans can be linked up but I woudnt advise it. I would say maby go pc based with that one. I tryed my scanner on the dmx controller and the they would just flash and move all over the place, not in time to the music at all.

CA-8 for the scanners it is then

Mum likes the idea of them, so we'll see!
    Ollie J. Needham
    O.J. Entertainment
    Northamptonshire, UK

ok- one more question on this- my dmx controller is 4 channel, and these are 5 channel- anyone know if you can tell what you will "lose" if I try and use my current controller?

Quote Originally Posted by wensleydale View Post
    ok- one more question on this- my dmx controller is 4 channel, and these are 5 channel- anyone know if you can tell what you will "lose" if I try and use my current controller?
    Don't you have a 'page' button, so it enables you to use the first fader as the 5th one?
    Ollie J. Needham
    O.J. Entertainment
    Northamptonshire, UK

Be warned that they cant slave.
    As in you cant connect them together and tell them to do the same thing without using a controller.
    If you just let them run sound to light they look crap as mine have different sensitivity, so one will go mad and the other change slowely giving a rubbish effect. You cant adjust sensitivity either, just the speed which didnt make enough difference.
    I now use two of them with a DMX controller and think they are a great addition to the set up. Great for providing general light washes when needed and I have programs which let them match the colours of what the scanners are doing with a strobe effect. Great value, light weight and good effects.
    Times Entertainments

I thought they were 4 channel?
    Red
    Green
    Blue
    Fade

Ill have another look.
    Times Entertainments

Quote Originally Posted by Dillmiester View Post
    I thought they were 4 channel?
    Red
    Green
    Blue
    Fade

Ill have another look.
    it says 5 but i am happy to be corrected.

bit of a bump to see if any lampies know the answer to this question.....

bit of a bump to see if any lampies know the answer to this question.....
    When I use my controller I have to use channels 2,3 and 4 to change the RBG

Not quite sure what channel 1 is for but still working that out. When you slide it up my par cans go red but when I play with channels 5,6,7 and 8 they go weird and strobe and all that.

I think your 4 channel controller will be fine as you will only need channels 2,3 and 4.