Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819

Thread: Unprofessional Dj

Quote Originally Posted by rob1963 View Post
    Here's ten for starters:

1) Digital DJs with no produb licence.
    2) DJs who arrive late.
    3) DJs with insufficient/inappropriate equipment.
    4) DJs who do not play requests (especially those from the client).
    5) DJs who are not registered with HMRC & don't pay tax.
    6) DJs who dress inappropriately (eg t shirt & jeans at a wedding).
    7) DJs who don't have paperwork but just take details on the phone & turn up on the night.
    8) DJs with a poor or very limited music selection.
    9) DJs who are not well-groomed.
    10) DJs with no respect for the client.

I haven't mentioned a couple of things beginning with P, as I don't want to start all the usual arguments!
    I Agree with all of them pretty much.
    However, Paperwork is there for the benifit of the DJ, and if your turnover is under a certain figure, you don't have to be VAT Registered. I Suppose there's income tax etc though.

Quote Originally Posted by DJMaxG View Post
    However, Paperwork is there for the benifit of the DJ
    My paperwork exists just as much for the client as for the DJ, just like my terms & conditions.

Quote Originally Posted by DJMaxG View Post
    However, Paperwork is there for the benifit of the DJ, and if your turnover is under a certain figure, you don't have to be VAT Registered. I Suppose there's income tax etc though.
    Who mentioned VAT?? The paperwork side of any business is essential, no room for negotiation.

Covering, West Midlands, Cotswolds, South & Mid Wales. Have van, will travel!
    National Association of DJs

max if you send the client a contract stating all the details and get them to sign it,then on the night there cannot be any arguments over anything, you will be surprised the number of times you announce the last song 10 minutes after you were suppose to finish and the client comes up and says ,i thought i booked you for another hour,no paperwork and it's your word against theirs,paper work just pull out of the bag and you say here is the contract,here is the times we agreed ,here is the quote and here is a copy of your reciept and finally here is your signature, thank you good night(or if you want more you pay more)
    paperwork protects you and the client and you should both have a copy

ps always check details with the venue as well,just had an example booked this weekend for a 60's night(i might of mentioned it ) client said i could set up anytime (venue says before 2 or after 7 my choice)
    Last edited by andyw; 27-05-2009 at 05:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by andyw View Post
    max if you send the client a contract stating all the details and get them to sign it,then on the night there cannot be any arguments over anything, you will be surprised the number of times you announce the last song 10 minutes after you were suppose to finish and the client comes up and says ,i thought i booked you for another hour,no paperwork and it's your word against theirs,paper work just pull out of the bag and you say here is the contract,here is the times we agreed ,here is the quote and here is a copy of your reciept and finally here is your signature, thank you good night(or if you want more you pay more)
    paperwork protects you and the client and you should both have a copy

ps always check details with the venue as well,just had an example booked this weekend for a 60's night(i might of mentioned it ) client said i could set up anytime (venue says before 2 or after 7 my choice)
    which beats me to another point, I'll post a seperate thread on it.

Quote Originally Posted by andyw View Post
    i thought i booked you for another hour,no paperwork and it's your word against theirs,paper work just pull out of the bag and you say here is the contract,here is the times we agreed ,here is the quote and here is a copy of your reciept and finally here is your signature,
    Spot on, Andy.

I always have the booking form in my pocket, on which they have filled in the details & added their signature in case of this situation arising.

I also carry a copy of my terms & conditions, as well as copies of my risk assessments, PAT, PLI & ProDub (OMG - I said it. Sorry Darren!)