Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does the following exist?

Default Does the following exist?

Hi I've been doing kids parties for a number of years but with no direction really I've just been plodding along but I have decided to get serious with my business as I have recently become full time as an entertainer and really want to sort my kids shows.

I was wondering if there are any ebooks or online magazines etc I can print out and read and kind of get an idea of what people are doing at the moment advice hints and tips etc.

Also is there a one stop shop for kids entertainers where we can get everything we need in one place prizes give aways etc at trade prices.

Any help would be grately welcomed

Adam

ppentertainments

Someone is going to get told off for not introducing themselves in the newbies section

To answer your question, I have never came across any advice pages. Mr Mayhem has given some good guides on this forum and if you are stuck with any particular area post it on here and am sure people will help if possible. I have a lot of cash and carry places round here where you can get prizes etc really cheap but to be honest the amounts you have to buy would last me years. I find ebay and looking at 'end of line' sections are the best places. Wilkinsons is also good for novelties if you have one near you.

Quote Originally Posted by ppentertainments View Post
    Someone is going to get told off for not introducing themselves in the newbies section
    What are you saying?

Say hello in the newbies section Adam and you'll find people generally are more helpful.

Welcome.

I know there are a few past topics about games and activitys to do at childrens partys in here if you take a took uner "childrens entertainment forum"

Tip: Try using the search tool and enter "childrens games" most definitely worth a read, some really useful stuff.

Also i haven't come across and entertainers shop before but I've found Asda has a good selection of prices, sweets and party stuff. Worth a look.

The only tip i can give about doing childrens partys is always have a plan. Know what your doing next, with what music and for what prices. This has been a life saver for me
    UltraBeat Entertainment
    Mobile Disco And Karaoke For All Occasions
    www.ultrabeatentertainment.co.uk

Poundland is also a good choice for prizes, sweets etc as does Teasco, Asda, Sainsburys.

There are a few websites for "party games" ideas (just type party games in search engine)
    Krazy by name - krazy by nature.They don't call me Krazy for nothing

www.kkdisco.co.uk

www.freecycle.org (keeping good stuff out of landfills - Please take a look)

personally i get the parents to buy sweets if they want them, some can be funny about lollipops etc

i Supply glow bracelets (buy them off ebay about £30 for 1000) and bright stickers (which just happen to have my website on!) about £30 for 2000
    Peter French - Fulltime DJ And Equipment Rental
    http://www.petefrench.com
    http://www.kidsdisco.net

I don’t do prizes. Just the fact they have won is good enough, if a game is going on too long then declare those remaining the winner, then move on. I wouldn’t really do too much on the songs for your winning performance, that is if they are under ten.
    I usually put in loads of spiel about telly programs they watch like x factor and Britain’s got talent. Maybe play a track for them to sing along to and compare it like it’s the real deal. You need to be really silly like getting up doing the dances with them. They usually say they know the dance routine but kids like to follow the leader so you can make it up as you go along. Maybe its worth practicing in front of You Tube for tracks like cha cha slide and the like. Have fun and get into, faze yourself out of the fact there are other adults watching you. Just think to yourself that you are getting paid and they wouldn’t do it unless they were legless.
    I usually put on a really over the top transatlantic DJ voice. OK you wouldn’t get away with it at an adults gig but it goes down well at kids disco. I think the voice is really important. Make your gig like it’s a telly show and pretend you are confident as anything even though you maybe bricking it. Lastly have a break halfway through for the kids to have food and cutting the cake. Most of all never let it run for more then 2 hours. Kids can usually be tired.

For prizes, I make sure that the client arranges this. Most of the time, I am given a big bag of sweets, which most kids would be happy with with as a prize.

Games wise, I talk to client and ask he he/she has any iudeas of games they would like to play. Most games I play are musical bumps/statues/opposites.

Was taught a few new games tonight (did a kids football party). They were Beans and Fork, Knife and Spoon.

Fun and silly games but the kids seem to like them so it's ok with me.

Tom can you explain that game please!
    JDB Events - Making your event Buzz!
    www.jdb-events.co.uk
    www.hirepartydancefloors.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by JDB Entertainment View Post
    Tom can you explain that game please!
    Which one? lol