Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Abstract Twister 4 problem.

But why did it do it with 2 different motors. Thats the bit I don't understand.
    When I swapped the motor and wheel assemblies between the two lights. The same light had the same problem, and the "faulty" motor and wheel worked fine in the other light.

I know what you mean about the motors being stepped, and it must have been that I just needed to move the wheel around once it had found it's stop. I just don't see how I would need to do this with 2 different motor and wheel assemblies.

Thanks again for taking the time to try and help me with this. Like I said earlier the problem is now sorted, and maybe the only problem now is me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]www.super-sonic.eu

I think it is because the motors just happened to be aligned to the same point, when you changed the gobos over did you fit the gobos wheel to the same point on the spindle it came from the old motor? If so you would have replicated the missalignment. Unfortunatly these lights are not inteligent so They do not know where the gobos are, just the stop marker. As such no matter how many times you chaneg the motor over it will nevre align unless done manually the first time.
    Anyone who has ever owned a Source lighting effect like the celebration will know all about this.
    When the world ends , ill probably have to clean up the mess.

I took the motor and gobo wheel out of a working light. I did not seporate the motor from the wheel. So it was lined up correctly.
    I then put the complete assemble into the faulty light, and it behaved the same as the other motor and wheel assemble.

I then put the faulty wheel and motor into the good light and they worked fine. This is why I don't think it was the motor and wheel allignment.

To make matters worse a friend has just dropped round a Abstract gladiator for me to look at. And I cant get to the bottom of that fault either.

Gladiator now fixed as well. Just a blown capacitor.

Capacitors are a bit of a headache of mine at the moment had to replace a few broken ones over the years but had to replace 4 this month on some old lights. Still I suppose as they are over 15 years old its my own fault lol.
    When the world ends , ill probably have to clean up the mess.