Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Wanted: Cheap or second hand disco lighting

Quote Originally Posted by idisco View Post
    kind of hard for a 14 year old to save that much up!
    So what's your budget?

Seems to me you want to play with the big boys ..........so what's your budget.

Same applies to people buying a disco......IMO......BUDGET!
    Uh..."You have been fined 99 bicycle clips, go directly to jail, do not collect 200 pounds... who's that naughty boy there?"

Default Budget

Quote Originally Posted by penmare42 View Post
    So what's your budget?

Seems to me you want to play with the big boys ..........so what's your budget.

Same applies to people buying a disco......IMO......BUDGET!
    My budget is up to £60 and i should have this in a few weeks at next party for some kids. But i also need a fogger to make my lights stand out more.
    Check out my site:
    www.idisco.page.tl

Where did you get these lights from?
    Got them a few years ago - from Woolies! They were part of the Woolworths Party Range. Only 50w but I use them for backdrop effects now.

My budget is up to £60 and i should have this in a few weeks at next party for some kids. But i also need a fogger to make my lights stand out more.
    I know you have to start somewhere but please tell me you've missed at least one '0' off that figure.!

Also a point to remember is that a lot of venues don't allow smoke machines now so maybe it's better trying to buy more effective lights. Saying that I need a hazer for a kids party next month. The venue owner says he's allowing a small amount of haze effect!
    Dazzy D
    Lightning Disco & Entertainment

Born to make you party!

look on the dj bids as i am sure there are some spinmasters on there which will be ideal for you

ppentertainments

Forget the fogger, this is the last thing you need. There are very few venues now who allow them and more and more people do not like them.

post deleted
    Last edited by djgordyp; 12-10-2008 at 09:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DazzyD View Post
    I know you have to start somewhere but please tell me you've missed at least one '0' off that figure.!

Also a point to remember is that a lot of venues don't allow smoke machines now so maybe it's better trying to buy more effective lights. Saying that I need a hazer for a kids party next month. The venue owner says he's allowing a small amount of haze effect!
    Don't forget this is for a school project and therefore wouldn't necessarily need to be the best mobile disco in the area.. More likely, it is an ecxercise in starting and running a business. Therefore lighting and sound would only need to be adequete. He can always upgrade later if he wishes to continue.

Do you want any stairville led par 64 cans?

I have 14.

Perfect nick.

Quote Originally Posted by djgordyp View Post
    Don't forget this is for a school project and therefore wouldn't necessarily need to be the best mobile disco in the area.. More likely, it is an ecxercise in starting and running a business. Therefore lighting and sound would only need to be adequete. He can always upgrade later if he wishes to continue.
    Dont tell him that im trying to offload all my old crap

Good advice though, my best gigs have been with two lights
    Last edited by Jiggles; 12-10-2008 at 10:24 PM.
    Your DJ - Mobile DJ The New Forest, Southampton & Hampshire. Toby
    https://yourdj.co.uk/

Default Pm about lights

Sent you a PM about these lights.
    Check out my site:
    www.idisco.page.tl

Quote Originally Posted by djgordyp View Post
    Sounds sorted its just my lack of lighting. Look at my website gallery and all my current kit is on there. I do have some lights but they are alll simple. Been told my lights look like they are from the first star wars episode!
    Check out my site:
    www.idisco.page.tl