Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wanted: Anyone selling a smoke/fog machine

The party I did on saturday was in a school. The caretaker asked me as I was setting up "Do you have a smoke machine, if so, you can't use it!!" I explained to him that I had a haze machine which was different and he took some convincing. He even said "If it sets the alarms off then it's down to you and Hampshire Fire and Rescue and you know how much they charge for call outs" (He was laughing as he said it). I simply replied "Trust me".

At the end of the night he said to me "I think I'll tell everyone from now on that Haze is ok"

indeed i have not worked a venue other than one regular one in 2 years that has allowed a smoke or a bubble machine.
    The only answer for functions in the midlands ...... Dragonfly mobile Discos Roadshow DJ services entertainment ..... call for a quote

Quote Originally Posted by Ajaysdisco View Post
    How often will you need it?
    Cheap as chips is a can of smoke!

Maplin

I don’t know how much luck you have had but 9.8 out of 10 venues don’t allow smoke, its been over 5 months since I've used a fog machine!

I tried one of those cans of spray haze, it said on the tin that the haze will last a hour or so, but the haze only stayed in the air for about 5 mins.

What a waste of time.

Mmmm these haze machines sound great, how do you guarantee that they dont set alarms off? Do you position them in a certain area etc?

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Frankie View Post
    Mmmm these haze machines sound great, how do you guarantee that they dont set alarms off? Do you position them in a certain area etc?
    You can't. But the level of particulates they generate is so much lower than a smoke machine this significantly reduces the chances of triggering some alarms.

Those alarms that are heat rather than smoke sensors are unaffected.