Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Will they blow?

You should have budgeted for a PA hire or not took the job on if you cannot provide sufficent PA without running risks.

Ok so the 200wrms will blow, ok my 2x 400wrms should cover the hall. ill go over the road later and try it out before hand.
    Nathan.

I've got nothing to add to this thread, I just wanted to put an ohm symbol on the forum for people to use if they wanted & here seemed fairly appropriate.

Ω
    Steve Mad, bad & dangerous to know www.corabar.co.uk
    Better to study for one hour with the wise, than to drink wine with the foolish.
    The opinions of Corabar Steve are not necessarily those of Corabar Entertainment, or any of its subsidiaries

Quote Originally Posted by G&J Roadshow View Post
    Ok so the 200wrms will blow, ok my 2x 400wrms should cover the hall. ill go over the road later and try it out before hand.
    I don't think you would blow them, as I said before I think you need a pair of subs if you came from your amp into your 400 w speakers then out into a pair of 300/400w subs then out through the built in filter into your 200w speakers as you are filtering the sound you are not driving the smaller speakers so hard, you would need a good amp for this that's why I say use 2 amps but you could get away with it if you feel brave.

I've got a pair of class D 15" subs for sale for £100 if you are interested

Quote Originally Posted by diamondgeezer View Post
    I don't think you would blow them, as I said before I think you need a pair of subs if you came from your amp into your 400 w speakers then out into a pair of 300/400w subs then out through the built in filter into your 200w speakers as you are filtering the sound you are not driving the smaller speakers so hard, you would need a good amp for this that's why I say use 2 amps but you could get away with it if you feel brave.

Love the avatar

ppentertainments

Would this not mean running your amp at 2Ω (note use of the symbol ). Not sure what amp is being used but most only run down to 4Ω

Quote Originally Posted by ppentertainments View Post
    Would this not mean running your amp at 2Ω (note use of the symbol ). Not sure what amp is being used but most only run down to 4Ω
    No you are going into the subs and only coming out through the cross over so you are only going down to 4 Ohms.
    Sorry I don't have a Omega sign on my keyboard.

I've got a pair of class D 15" subs for sale for £100 if you are interested [/QUOTE]

has you got any piccys of your class d's i might be intrested if they aint too abused.
    ML DISCOS Discothque Servies Pleasing The Crowd Since 1998.

ppentertainments

No you are going into the subs and only coming out through the cross over so you are only going down to 4 Ohms.
    Sorry I don't have a Omega sign on my keyboard.
    You can't help some people can you steve ??

Quote Originally Posted by Corabar Steve View Post
    I've got nothing to add to this thread, I just wanted to put an ohm symbol on the forum for people to use if they wanted & here seemed fairly appropriate.

Ω

Quote Originally Posted by mldiscos View Post

has you got any piccys of your class d's i might be intrested if they aint too abused.[/QUOTE]

No pics of the actual ones but they are in good condition, haven't used them much.
    Attached Images Attached Images