Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: what hard drive do you use

Quote Originally Posted by andyw View Post
    following on from ppentertainments thread what harddrive do you use with you hdc, especially interested to hear from cortex 1000 users and what /if any problems have you had with them.
    I use a Seagate 320gb drive, its getting on for 2 years old and I have never had a problem using it with the Cortex HDC 1000

CRAZY K

ppentertainments

Quote Originally Posted by CRAZY K ROADSHOW View Post
    I use a Seagate 320gb drive, its getting on for 2 years old and I have never had a problem using it with the Cortex HDC 1000

CRAZY K
    I read somewhere, can't remember where, that it is not reccomended to use over 80gb with a cortex. Can't think where - I must have been dreaming. I use 160gb with no probs

Quote Originally Posted by ppentertainments View Post
    Maybe but I have had 2 in past 18 months breaking down on me. Luckily got money back as still under guarantee. So as I said before , I know this thread is repeated a lot but the technology changes so much. Have just bought this for my son and seems to be fine and under £30.

http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?...5665&DOY=20m10
    What types and makes of HD have been breaking down???

CRAZY K

ppentertainments

Quote Originally Posted by CRAZY K ROADSHOW View Post
    What types and makes of HD have been breaking down???

CRAZY K
    Sorry was refering to the freecom toughdrive, quoted by Tom.
    Not used for Dj'ing but used them when I had a shop to backup or to work on projecis at home.

Quote Originally Posted by ppentertainments View Post
    I read somewhere, can't remember where, that it is not reccomended to use over 80gb with a cortex. Can't think where - I must have been dreaming. I use 160gb with no probs
    Hope you were dreaming! I've had mine on a 500Gb when I first started.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by 501damian501 View Post
    ive got more than enough space, but gigging wise, i would have a harddrive to suit the capacity of its files

Well the internal 40gb hard drive inside the Denon HD2500 was 15gb to small so I decided to get a hard drive that was recomended on here so I went for the tough drive.

I've used three of the Freecom Toughdrive Pro's (160Gb) for a couple of years now without incident (well, apart from silly old me corrupting one of them). They bounce well.

Despite Callum's experience, I use mine with a d2 and a laptop without the need for external power.

freecom tough drives 2 of no problems at all , buying another 500 gb one this week for personal home use to free up my pc hard drive space.
    The only answer for functions in the midlands ...... Dragonfly mobile Discos Roadshow DJ services entertainment ..... call for a quote

501damian501

upgrade your pc

Quote Originally Posted by 501damian501 View Post
    upgrade your pc
    With 13k debt only if pc world start accepting dead insects as a form of payment
    The only answer for functions in the midlands ...... Dragonfly mobile Discos Roadshow DJ services entertainment ..... call for a quote