Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Website Hosting

Quote Originally Posted by 501damian501 View Post
    places like the U.S are far more cheaper, does it really matter which country your hosting is coming from ?
    Quote Originally Posted by vectisvibe View Post
    Not especially, if you're only putting up a 'typical' half-dozen-paged static content site.

All other things being equal (tiering, speed & contention ratio of server), using a US-based host rather that a UK-based host is likely to add a very small latency overhead.
    Actually, from a search engine point of view you should always host in the country of your target market. While VV is right about very little speed difference (I actually host a .co.nz New Zealand site on my server and they get good speeds to it), but as I said from an SEO perspective you're better sticking to a UK host.

I used to have an offering on DJ Bids before that disappeared. I mainly host for design clients only and so don't have a site you can sign up on, but PM me your requirements and I'll give you a price....

If that's OK with the mods / admins...if not, delete that part (not exactly sure of the rules since DJ Bids went)

Quote Originally Posted by Marc J View Post

If that's OK with the mods / admins...if not, delete that part (not exactly sure of the rules since DJ Bids went)
    The rules are the same as before (for the time being). Those that previously advertised on DJ Bids may advertise in the old dj bids forum section, and may answer with regards to their service if a question was raised by a member. So your post is fine.