Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Thread: advice needed

Default advice needed

hi everyone
    upon winning the stuff at bpm show i had an idea
    if i got one of these flight cases http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/10U-Slant-Mixe...ayphotohosting
    and put the following in from top to bottom
    http://www.americandj.eu/product_inf...oducts_id=1630
    http://www.americandj.eu/product_inf...oducts_id=1677
    http://www.americandj.eu/product_inf...oducts_id=1701
    question is would they all fit in the flight and would there be enough acsess to the xlr ports on the mixer and the dp2 for my powered
    or if anyone has any other ideas
    thank you

I think they will fit in, 1U is about 44mm so I have worked out the following.
    SDJ1 is 2U
    Q-RECORD is 3U
    DP-2 USB is 2U
    Total space 7U
    Case is 10U so you would have 3U spare

I would suggest you double check my calculations.

You should have space behind the mixer, I would suggest you make up a patch panel, you can pick a 1U pre drilled panel for about a £5 from eBay and the connections are about £2.50 each.
    This will give you easy access to the XLR connections
    Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing.
    It was here first.

501damian501

am not a big fan of the dual sd player, as they can only accept 4gb cards and bitrate of 128 from the looks of it, if they accepted 8gb then i might consider it, but at the minute the cortex and numark gets my vote.

a 4gb sd card with tracks sampled at 128 should be fine to hold over 900 tracks...... how could this be a problem, with a handful of cards you should have no problems having a massive collection of music.

i remeber the good old days with 45's you would not have been able to even carry 900 songs (unless you had muscles on your muscles lol)

501damian501

i,d rather have an hard drive plugged into a cortex or numark, then i dont have the fun and games of changing sd cards, loosing them, looking in books to find which tracks are on which cards.

Quote Originally Posted by 501damian501 View Post
    i,d rather have an hard drive plugged into a cortex or numark, then i dont have the fun and games of changing sd cards, loosing them, looking in books to find which tracks are on which cards.

and who said the art of djing was dead lol

suppose its each to there own... some are like yourself and like easy of use, some like to handle something and feel like they are in control of the music by changing cd's or in this case memory cards.

dont think there is anything wrong with ether just all down to personal preference

501damian501

who said i were a digital dj , whenever am out i take cds or vinyl maybe both, i will become a digital dj, when produb sort this license out.

Quote Originally Posted by 501damian501 View Post
    am not a big fan of the dual sd player, as they can only accept 4gb cards and bitrate of 128 from the looks of it
    Not correct. Why would something only accept 128kbps?

Anyway it plays 320 happily enough.

well i am keeping the sdj1 and the mixer in the flight case i got with it as a back up system
    and just gonna get a seperate flight case for dp 2 or other dj controller as a 10 unit flight case might be some weight.