Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: My contract

Quote Originally Posted by One Vision View Post
    he he that bit WAS put in to catch some out to see if people were actualy reading the whole contract

Getting to the serious parts is there anything I am missing?
    I cleared that little point up and for the record I wouldn't personaly include that clause.
    One thing that does confuse me though is why should a super star be treated any differently than the everyday Joe, we are all human and require the same basics

I cleared that little point up and for the record I wouldn't personaly include that clause.
    One thing that does confuse me though is why should a super star be treated any differently than the everyday Joe, we are all human and require the same basics
    Don't worry, its just people under-valuing themselves and accepting that DJs are treated as the lowest of the low!

Covering, West Midlands, Cotswolds, South & Mid Wales. Have van, will travel!
    National Association of DJs

Quote Originally Posted by Solitaire Entertainments Ltd View Post
    Why do you persist in posting the same thing over and over Rob. We know water costs nothing and we know you can chill it in the fridge.
    I didn't think I WAS posting the same thing over & over again, Darren.

I can't recall the last time I said that I take a bottle of water to gigs, and I don't think I've mentioned it more than a few times in my thousands of posts.

However, if I'm going off my trolley & it IS something I keep going on about, then I apologise.

If you are at a venue all day, then what? Are you supposed to survive for 10-12 hours with no food or drink?
    I'm never at a venue all day, and if I was I'd rather pop out for some food if I was hungry than demand it in my t&c.

Also, I didn't see you complaining when we were given a lovely meal when we worked at that Hotel near you...
    Of course not, because it was very nice!

I often get meals at some of my regular venues, particularly the local racecourses like Sandown & Kempton park, but when I do, I just see it as a bonus rather than being something which I expect or insist on.

Quote Originally Posted by soundtracker View Post
    why do people have to be right? There is no DJ handbook, or defined way in which things should be done, just accept that some people do things differently, there is no right or wrong, just what works.
    For the record, and in case that comment was aimed at me, I don't think I'm right. I just do what works best for me & what I'm happy with.

If people want to demand food/drinks in their t&c, that's their decision.

What I'm interested in learning though (and what nobody has yet explained) is how this is implemented (assuming the clients don't come up & offer you a drink), as I personally wouldn't have the gall to approach a client & ask for one of my free drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by rob1963 View Post
    I can't recall the last time I said that I take a bottle of water to gigs, and I don't think I've mentioned it more than a few times in my thousands of posts.
    take a bottle of tap water like I do, which won't cost you a penny.
    so why not fill a spring water bottle from the tap, chill it in the fridge & take THAT with you like I do? Total cost = nothing!
    That's twice in this short thread.

Quote Originally Posted by soundtracker View Post
    Don't worry, its just people under-valuing themselves and accepting that DJs are treated as the lowest of the low!
    I just find it strange.
    No doubt a super star would simply turn up as he has a roadie team to unload and setup and then they demand the contents of Harrods before they will consider any work

We have roughly an hour to unload and setup all the gear, that's after we have driven possibly an hour to get to the venue.
    Then another 4-5 hours behind the decks no doubt on your feet and using the mic, then another average of half an hour to pack down and load the van before driving another possible hour at the early hours to get home and possibly then unload the van etc.

Although I wouldn't personaly include that clause, surely its not too much to ask the customer for some refreshments throughout the evening is it?
    Last edited by One Vision; 28-10-2008 at 11:44 AM.

What I'm interested in learning though (and what nobody has yet explained) is how this is implemented (assuming the clients don't come up & offer you a drink), as I personally wouldn't have the gall to approach a client & ask for one of my free drinks.
    Rob, you dummy, you dont ask the client for a free drink - you ask the bar maid!
    Banana Power Travelling Discotheque - legendary entertainment since 1966
    www.facebook.com/BananaPowerTravellingDisco

I just find it strange.
    No doubt a super star would simply turn up as he has a roadie team to unload and setup and then they demand the contents of Harrods before they will consider any work

We have roughly an hour to unload and setup all the gear, that's after we have driven possibly an hour to get to the venue.
    Then another 4-5 hours behind the decks no doubt on your feet and using the mic, then another average of half an hour to pack down and load the van before driving another possible hour at the early hours to get home and possibly then unload the van etc.

Although I would personaly include that clause, surely its not too much to ask the customer for some refreshments throughout the evening is it?
    Of course it isn't, and as for the enforcement, as I have already said, if you sell it properly, its never an issue, people are on the whole, nice. (except DJs apparently!)

Covering, West Midlands, Cotswolds, South & Mid Wales. Have van, will travel!
    National Association of DJs

That's twice in this short thread.
    In which case I apologise!

Quote Originally Posted by theoloyla View Post
    Rob, you dummy, you dont ask the client for a free drink - you ask the bar maid!
    Ahhhh...now I understand!!!

Putting the drinks thing aside, below is the link to the actual one ill be using, so if you have any advice on the current clauses or can recommend were I have not included ide be very grateful.

http://www.disco-onevision.co.uk//PD...n-contract.pdf

It's nothing like smoking. The human body needs water to survive. You cannot possibly compare the two.
    Of course it isn't! I'm not as stupid as you may look mate
    What I am saying is that it seems like too many DJ's out there have egos or think that they deserve special treatment such as drinks etc...WHY can't they just get on with the job in hand...it's so simple.....ISN'T IT?