Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New laptop?

If it's just for broadcasting I'm sure the original one would be fine. I, however, use mine as my main playout system so personally wouldn't get a Celeron processor, for me it's got to be dual core intel processor. I also have 4 GB RAM and free Sophos anti virus from work.

Just for the record, I have a work Laptop with similar spec to my own Laptop. Work one has XP and home laptop has Vista. I can't see any difference with performance speeds and having used the Vista Laptop for over 6 months, have never had a single problem

Im going to be using it for: website editing for my sites, broadcasting dj shows and just to store some music on, nothing to clog it up, just gunna read some reviews on it.
    Nathan.

Quote Originally Posted by G&J Roadshow View Post
    Im going to be using it for: website editing for my sites, broadcasting dj shows and just to store some music on, nothing to clog it up, just gunna read some reviews on it.
    Ah! My external HD suggestion was based on using it for MP3 storage, so not relevant. Sorry.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
    Ah! My external HD suggestion was based on using it for MP3 storage, so not relevant. Sorry.
    Ah you mean you assumed - you know what assume did don't you

talking of laptops anyone know of any that do extended desk top where you can open something on the main screen and drag it accross to the other screen

All of them.

Quote Originally Posted by CB Entertainments View Post
    All of them.
    Just to add a little more depth...

The majority of laptops have 'extended desktop' capability.

If the device has an external video port (VGA, DVI, DisplayPort or in the case of Apples the mini-DVI (but NOT S-Video)) then chances are it'll support extended desktop.

In Windows, go to control panel -> display properties and choose the appropriate options. In MacOS click the monitor icon and then 'Detect Displays' (but if it's connected it probably found it already anyway).

Job done.

Quote Originally Posted by CB Entertainments View Post
    All of them.
    dont think you understand what i want is say for example if i wanted say virtual dj on my main screen but wanted words for karaoke on another screen also has to have a certain graphics card but not sure of the one

Most laptops allow dual screens. That's the easy bit as they just go into the mode when you plug in a screen. If you wanted it to mirror the screen then that's the hard way. You have to change a lot of settings.

Hi, what's the better process like DUo 2? etc? http://www.comet.co.uk/shopcomet/pro...8D/tab/reviews

http://www.comet.co.uk/shopcomet/pro...A-SAT-L300-18D I dunno what one to get

Im thinking the 1BV. Comes with Works (unlike the other) More meory/RAM and same price.
    Nathan.