Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: website colours

501damian501

what about using frontpage ?

I think most know my views on "home-made" websites. They haven't gone down too well in the past (apologies to all who were offended ).

Unless you are very proficiant with graphic/web design and S.E.O, my advice would be to save up the pennies and hire a professional.

501damian501

my graphic skills are quite good to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by 501damian501 View Post
    my graphic skills are quite good to be honest.
    So why didn't you use them on your banner then?

Covering, West Midlands, Cotswolds, South & Mid Wales. Have van, will travel!
    National Association of DJs

501damian501

i feel my banner is perectly fine, does what it needs to, its bold, stands out ect, i can always use fanicy colours, shading and the rest of it, but thats to much for the eye.

i feel my banner is perectly fine, does what it needs to, its bold, stands out ect, i can always use fanicy colours, shading and the rest of it, but thats to much for the eye.
    Damo! It were a joke

501damian501

thats ok, so you like it then ?

thats ok, so you like it then ?
    Its fine!

Quote Originally Posted by EliteDJ View Post
    I think most know my views on "home-made" websites. They haven't gone down too well in the past (apologies to all who were offended ).
    Apology accepted.

But - Does anyone gain extra bookings as a result of having a 'flashy', possibly non-compliant web site? If I pay £400 for someone to 'design' a web page, will I recover that in extra bookings?

I don't know, and I'm sure there's no easy way to find out - pity though, as it would be an interesting survey.

Incidentally, my web site is home made, and most certainly looks it, (reflects my target audience?) but I have had 3 people in the last few months making a point of commenting on how easy the site was to read, and that all the information they needed was there - this was comared to sites of other local discos they had looked at.

I must be doing something right.

Incidentally, I've looked at the code for some 'professionally' designed web sites and was a little surprised and disheartened to see machine-generated code. If I was to pay huge sums for a web designer, I'd at least expect him/her to be able to write the code himself. Don't you agree?

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Westcott View Post
    Incidentally, my web site is home made, and most certainly looks it,
    I disagree, Ive seen sites by so called professional web designers that look a lot more home made than yours. the only fault I can find with it is I hate white on black websites.
    Steve Mad, bad & dangerous to know www.corabar.co.uk
    Better to study for one hour with the wise, than to drink wine with the foolish.
    The opinions of Corabar Steve are not necessarily those of Corabar Entertainment, or any of its subsidiaries