Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Speaker set up

Default Speaker set up

Morning all,

Just thought i'd put this to the floor before I go off Poppy selling at ASDA.

I've got quite a few speakers (active) was thinking of what combinations may sound good....

Was thinking of using a pair of W audio PSR8a's along with a Mackie 1501 sub

would I be along the right lines saying that that the system together should produce 750W ?

Thoughts or suggestions please
    Professional DJ & Event services inc Led & Starlight dancefloors, Venue uplighting

Derbyshire Wedding DJ - Wedding Uplighting, Dancefloors and Professional Wedding DJs

Paul 800w by my calculation 2x 150w and 500w mackie I think
    The only answer for functions in the midlands ...... Dragonfly mobile Discos Roadshow DJ services entertainment ..... call for a quote

If Dave's figures are accurate, then the ratio looks fine, roughly 2:1 Sub:Top.
    Not sure I'd want 8" tops for Disco, I'd prefer12", but that's maybe just me. If it sounds OK, then it is OK.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
    Not sure I'd want 8" tops for Disco, I'd prefer12", but that's maybe just me. If it sounds OK, then it is OK.
    agreed although you haven't specified it is for disco use Paul ?? I think Danno has or had some 10" tops he used? maybe worth a pm?
    The only answer for functions in the midlands ...... Dragonfly mobile Discos Roadshow DJ services entertainment ..... call for a quote

I've got a pair of the PSR-8s I use for background music and I'm really not sure they cut it Paul, even with a 1501 sub. (which I also used to have)

501damian501

Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
    12's 15's all the way

Quote Originally Posted by Spirits High View Post
    would I be along the right lines saying that that the system together should produce 750W ?
    No speaker system will "produce" any amount of watts, as sound is measured in decibels. Amplifier power is measured in watts.

A transducer energised with n watts may produce y db, measured at a given reference point (typically 1w/1m)

ppentertainments

Quote Originally Posted by A1DL View Post
    No speaker system will "produce" any amount of watts, as sound is measured in decibels. Amplifier power is measured in watts.

A transducer energised with n watts may produce y db, measured at a given reference point (typically 1w/1m)
    You have never mentioned that before

Quote Originally Posted by ppentertainments View Post
    You have never mentioned that before

I get fed up mentioning it matey

Quote Originally Posted by A1DL View Post
    I get fed up mentioning it matey
    We get fed up reading it!

ONLY JOKING.
    You are of course absolutely right, but you are up against laziness (on my part) and ignorance( on many sides). The biggest problem is that if you said a system would produce120Db at one metre, then many folk would have no idea what that meant, and no way of comparing it to anything.
    It's like my van has a 2.5Litre engine, and my son's has a 1.7Litre. His is more powerful, but when you buy a motor do you ask how powerful it is? No, you ask how big is the engine.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk