Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hire insurance

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie Whitehouse View Post
    In addition to this, make sure you have insurance against theft of equipment. Ask the client to sign a delivery note before leaving, as your insurance company probably won't pay out if the venue is left unlocked / unattended.

J
    I pass work back and forward to a friend who does alot of hire and he holds a passport/driving licence as a bit of security. I think he also gets the client to check the equipment over and sign a form saying its in good knick, then checks it over with the client on return. I think he also lays out the replacement cost of whats being hired from the outset.

Sorry to go a bit off topic but i thought it was worth mentionig because heard of other hire companies loosing whole soundsystems and not being able to trace the client....
    http://www.dynamic-entertainment.co.uk

Tel:0800 990 3030

The opinions here are those of an individual and not necessarily those of Dynamic Entertainment.

Steven, thanks for the advice; I think that’s what I will do.

All I have to do now is work out costing, terms and conditions, etc.
    Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing.
    It was here first.

No problem. Ill try and think on to get a copy of his T&C's when i next see him (not sure when mind). Theres no point re-inventing the wheel, so to speak, if you can help it.
    http://www.dynamic-entertainment.co.uk

Tel:0800 990 3030

The opinions here are those of an individual and not necessarily those of Dynamic Entertainment.

You cannot pass your legal liability for your acts of negligence to someone else by a disclaimer. If a light falls on someone when you are not there, if it was because of your negligence, then you will be liable irrespective of what you get the client to sign.

You can make them responsible for any loss or damage to the equipment whilst in their care custody or control.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyB View Post
    You cannot pass your legal liability for your acts of negligence to someone else by a disclaimer. If a light falls on someone when you are not there, if it was because of your negligence, then you will be liable irrespective of what you get the client to sign.

You can make them responsible for any loss or damage to the equipment whilst in their care custody or control.
    Yea that’s fine and that’s what I am planning to do.

I asked my current PLI company about PLI insurance for hire and got the following reply:
    "If you are hiring equipment out and earning money from it, we do not cover this at all on our policy."

Does anyone have suggestions on what I can do?
    It was here first.

Worcestershire, West Midlands/Cotswolds Border

Hire them the equipment, but leave them to set it up,
    DJs, PA, Lighting & AV Hire, LED Uplighting & Wedding Lighting, Dance Floor Hire, Starcloth & Room Decor - Covering the Midlands & Cotswolds.
    Revolution Event Services Ltd - Wedding Lighting
    01386 898 113

Quote Originally Posted by Danno13 View Post
    Hire them the equipment, but leave them to set it up,
    I see where you’re coming from but I can’t see average Joe setting it up.
    I will have to get some kit that doesn’t get damaged when it’s blown up!!
    It was here first.