Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Pro Sound 1600 Amp

501damian501

maplins gear is awful, its rubbish, its unreilable, its Naff, whats the point buying pro sound junk, which we allways get people coming and going from here, saying pro sound this pro sound that, they havent even got half way through their warrenty and the gear blows up, or turns out to be flauty, you can buy warrior, kam, acme, ect ect for around the same price and its much better quality equipment, it might be at the budget end of the market, but its certainly higher up market than the maplin junk !

nigelwright7557

Quote Originally Posted by 501damian501 View Post
    maplins gear is awful, its rubbish, its unreilable, its Naff, whats the point buying pro sound junk, which we allways get people coming and going from here, saying pro sound this pro sound that, they havent even got half way through their warrenty and the gear blows up, or turns out to be flauty, you can buy warrior, kam, acme, ect ect for around the same price and its much better quality equipment, it might be at the budget end of the market, but its certainly higher up market than the maplin junk !
    This really isnt true.

If the gear was always being sent back Maplin wouldnt touch it with a barge pole.

I had dealings with Maplin as a supplier and we once made a mistake with some software and they refused to ever buy from us again !

Just because it costs twice as much doesnt mean it is better, probably just means they are making twice the profit !

In fact some of the more expensive amps have lots of extra circuitry which means there is more to go wrong !

501damian501

what an earth you going on about, i would rather buy acme lights over pro sound lights any day of the week, i,d rather buy a warrior amp than a pro sound amp, any day of the week, and most proberley 95% of this forum will agree with me nigel, pro sound isnt really professional dj equipment, thats the type of rubbish i would have in my back garden shed for house partys, even then i would be scared of using one.

its the extra circuitry the pro sound amps are missing !

nigelwright7557

what an earth you going on about, i would rather buy acme lights over pro sound lights any day of the week, i,d rather buy a warrior amp than a pro sound amp, any day of the week, and most proberley 95% of this forum will agree with me nigel, pro sound isnt really professional dj equipment, thats the type of rubbish i would have in my back garden shed for house partys, even then i would be scared of using one.

its the extra circuitry the pro sound amps are missing !
    The problem comes when a novice walks into Maplin and comes out with a 100WRMS amp and speakers. They simply arent up to the job of discoing as they are not loud enough. So the novice winds the amp right up and eventually blows the amp and the speakers !

You cant compare a 500WRMS Warrior amp with a Pro Sound 100WRMS amp.

As for 95% not agreeing witrh me, well 95% arent electronics engineers like me !

501damian501

nigel, just look at what your putting, a good percentage of this forum are highly successful djs, and darren which i believe is a highly successful businessman and has been involded for more years than ive been alive. PRO SOUND STUFF IS NAFF, END OFF, whats wrong with cranking your amp up ?

nigelwright7557

whats wrong with cranking your amp up ?
    If you crank the amp right up it can distort without you even knowing it.
    This can output a square wave whic is 1.414 times the normal amp output and can blow your speakers.

501damian501

who said i was maxing out my amp ? i never, and theirs nothing wrong with putting your amp past 12 o clock and keeping that mixer down.

the ampilifer is their to do the work, hence ampilifer.

I wouldn't buy anything that has the legend 'pro' on it, 'cos I know it wouldn't be.

501damian501

their you are nigel, the words of the company director and forum owner.

Prosound is Carlsbro Rebadged!