Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: PAT Certificate

I never get a certificate either.

I just have a form which details the appliance number, description, whether class 1 or class 2 (what's that?), fuse rating & whether it's passed or failed for each item tested.

In addition, the top of the form has my name, the engineer's name, a PAT serial no & the date of the test.

I've never had a problem.

No certificate from me, either.

I get a printout (was about 8 A4 pages long, last time!) showing each item tested and the results of each test that carried out on it. Each item has a code (ie Light1, CD1, etc) which corresponds to the tag on the green pass sticker on th actual item itself. It's signed and stamped by the engineer at the end and sent to me in the post a few days after the test (the company have loads of contracts and only download the data from the machines overnight so save them time during the working day). This generates the report which is what I receive.

I did ask about the certificate and log-book type documents I'd read were necessary but was told I received everything I needed to have!
    Dazzy D
    Lightning Disco & Entertainment

Born to make you party!

Quote Originally Posted by rob1963 View Post
    I never get a certificate either.

I just have a form which details the appliance number, description, whether class 1 or class 2 (what's that?),

Class 1/2 determines the type of pat test required- one is double insulated I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by wensleydale View Post
    Class 1/2 determines the type of pat test required- one is double insulated I believe.
    Quote Originally Posted by CB Entertainments View Post
    Thanks Rich & Callum.