Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Thread: "I couldn't do what you do mate!!"

Default "I couldn't do what you do mate!!"

Apologies for the multiple topics today but just remembered something else which I thought you may want to hear...

This stems from my Request Fest night at the weekend. There were two large groups of people in the pub who were celebrating their birthdays and so there were a few faces that I hadn't seen before. Once people got the idea of the night, the requests started flooding in and at one point, some guy came over to check out my gear. He stood there talking to me for a while and I found out during the conversation that he plays Drum n Bass at a night in Bristol (can't remember the club?). Anyway, he asked if I had any DnB and did I mix? I said that I never had time to practice but I was passable and would try and mix his requests for him later on in the evening.

When it came to it I did 4 songs for him (as mentioned in my other 'eclectic' topic) and he was shouting out and applauding me along with others at his table. He then came up and said that I was really good, he preferred vinyl but I was good at what I did. I was quite chuffed as I found it quite easy. He also liked the way I stuck in samples over the top of the tunes too to make them my own remixes (sort of). He then said "I couldn't do what you do mate!!"...When I asked what he meant he explained that he just stuck to DnB and that was it...I was like a jack of all trades and mixed up everything.

He also said "Much respect" and that he would love to be able to make a living out of DJing....

Comments like that keep me going!

.......better than being told your crap....by a bunch of up punters!

Nice one matey.....
    Uh..."You have been fined 99 bicycle clips, go directly to jail, do not collect 200 pounds... who's that naughty boy there?"

Worcestershire, West Midlands/Cotswolds Border

Nice one.. makes a change from the "you're not a real DJ if you don't use vinyl" club-DJ brigade...
    DJs, PA, Lighting & AV Hire, LED Uplighting & Wedding Lighting, Dance Floor Hire, Starcloth & Room Decor - Covering the Midlands & Cotswolds.
    Revolution Event Services Ltd - Wedding Lighting
    01386 898 113

I must admit mate that I haven't had that comment for years. That's most probably because I TRY to play to everyone and keep everyone happy, which, as we know....is almost impossible.