Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Brand Spanking New Website

Default Brand Spanking New Website

Hi Everyone,

I have just finished working on a brand new website and I just wanted to know what you think. Good and bad comments accepted - then I can improve it!

the URL is: www.sjsdiscos.co.uk

and our old one (to compare) is: www.sjsdiscos.tk

Cheers,

SJS
    Scott.

SC Events | Facebook

Professional Conference & AV Services, Corporate Entertainment, Equipment Hire and DJs

How much better is that?? Unmeasurable.

No ads, no white on black text, a menu on each page so you don't have to go via the home page each time, a relaxing colour scheme & no painfully slow transitions from page to page.

I couldn't wait to get away from the old site, whereas the new one I'd be happy to have a look around until I was satisfied that you were the DJs for my party.

Should get you more enquiries at the very least. What you do with them is then up to you.

Well done.
    Steve Mad, bad & dangerous to know www.corabar.co.uk
    Better to study for one hour with the wise, than to drink wine with the foolish.
    The opinions of Corabar Steve are not necessarily those of Corabar Entertainment, or any of its subsidiaries

Thank You.

I prefer it! The other site looks now haha
    Last edited by SC Events; 29-11-2008 at 09:54 AM.
    Scott.

SC Events | Facebook

Professional Conference & AV Services, Corporate Entertainment, Equipment Hire and DJs

It appears to be an 'all flash' site, which isn't going to do you any favours with regards to S.E.O. It does look a great deal better appearance wise, but I fear your site could hinder you more than help you due to it being all flash.

Quote Originally Posted by EliteDJ View Post
    It appears to be an 'all flash' site, which isn't going to do you any favours with regards to S.E.O. It does look a great deal better appearance wise, but I fear your site could hinder you more than help you due to it being all flash.
    Actually, for once (I've said it enough times lol) although the site relies on Flash for a lot of stuff, it actually presents a not too bad looking non flash version if you don't have it - see the attached (scaled 50% for the forum).

Nice - and a vast improvement over the old one!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

What an improvement...although with all due respect, it would have been virtually impossible NOT to improve on the previous site!

I just have a few comments.

On the home page I'd add a couple of photos, remove the hit counter & increase your deposit if it really IS the paltry £15 stated, which in my opinion is nowhere NEAR enough.

I'd also replace the equipment page with a "frequently asked questions" page, as this would be a thousand more times more relevant & useful to potential clients.

Finally, I'd set up your PLI & PAT certificates so that they come up in a readable size either when clicked on or hovered over, as they are far to small to see at present...and could be virtually anything at all!

Hope this helps.

Thanks everyone,

I'll see what I can do to improve it when I get a few minutes.

SJS
    Scott.

SC Events | Facebook

Agree with most of the other comments 100% improvement of the other site, it was far too busy with those ads poping up everywhere.
    Nice clean interface with the new site, not a criticism but consider some decent gallery shots.

Quote Originally Posted by rob1963 View Post
    What an improvement...although with all due respect, it would have been virtually impossible NOT to improve on the previous site!

I just have a few comments.

On the home page I'd add a couple of photos, remove the hit counter & increase your deposit if it really IS the paltry £15 stated, which in my opinion is nowhere NEAR enough.

I'd also replace the equipment page with a "frequently asked questions" page, as this would be a thousand more times more relevant & useful to potential clients.

Finally, I'd set up your PLI & PAT certificates so that they come up in a readable size either when clicked on or hovered over, as they are far to small to see at present...and could be virtually anything at all!

Hope this helps.

Much better!

I find myself in agreement with Rob on every point, especially on the equipment page thing.
    I once had a run in with Rob about the usefulness of a list of equipment to the client, I now have to agree that he was right and it was a waste of time having the list there......I was just willy waving to other DJ's (not like me)
    ----------www.partyshopdisco.co.uk - www.weddingdiscodorset.co.uk
    -----Outstanding Wedding Disco Entertainment for Dorset & Somerset
    -----------------------01305 775579 - 07876 136663

Gallery.........that's a good idea!

Do any of you know how to make a .pdf ?

After you mentioned it, Rob, I found a website, where you had to click on PAT or PLI to view the certificates and I wanted to try it but I don't know how to do a .pdf, i'm usually pretty good at IT stuff but this has stumped me, as my IT = Ripping PC's apart!

I think the website belongs to one of the MDD members?

Thanks for all your comments,

SJS
    Last edited by SC Events; 30-11-2008 at 04:06 PM.
    Scott.

SC Events | Facebook