Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Led Uv Lights

Let's try not to get personal.

Unfortunately there's no block user feature. You'll just have to try ignore Damian like the rest of have to.

I think it depends on what you want to use it for.

You have LED UV Par cans or a LED UV bar

I have never used a UV canon but from what I have heard I would never use one anyway. BOOM....ohh, its just the lamp. lol.

LED all the way.

oooh a serious reply, thanks! I guess i should say what id use it for
    1) Just to add a bit of a glow to Weddings etc, so mainly flooding the dancefloor area
    2) Kids Parties, with glow sticks, it makes it look amazing. Also some kids parties have UV paint now. (tempted to see how the UV Bubble fluid looks lol)
    3) Dry Hire, i must hire out UV Cannons multiple times a year, my main concern is how easy the bulbs are to blow and how hard it is to prove its anyones fault. They get so hot, the slightest knock and they blow

I havnt seen an LED Parcan, my only worry is that its a more focused beam, than a flood

Ive seen the LED UV bar my American DJ, the major downside is the sheer size, itll hog too much space on the stand

Quote Originally Posted by Bouncy Dancefloor View Post
    Ive seen the LED UV bar my American DJ, the major downside is the sheer size, itll hog too much space on the stand
    Just a thought but could it not be placed vertically on the outside of the stand upright on one side or the other? Wouldn;t nick space from other things then. (That's if you're using a giraffe/ultimax/prolight type stand with overhead bar.)

i guess it is possible, do you know how they compare to the LEDJ Stratos? And worth the extra cost? (almost double)

Par cans wold be more wash than spot.

Just think of led parcan uplights. When put in the right place, they can take place of normal lighting above the head.

501damian501

i guess it is possible, do you know how they compare to the LEDJ Stratos? And worth the extra cost? (almost double)
    to be honest with you all, its all down to personal choice, maybe go to a dj shop and get the lights you want set up ect ect, then you can see.

I have not seen the Stratos, however having seen the configuration i would say the spread of light is less on the Stratos but is probably more intense.

Speak to a couple of DJ kit suppliers, I dunno maybe CRS1 and HTFR and they might be able to help you make your mind up.

501damian501

Quote Originally Posted by kilmeedyman View Post
    I have not seen the Stratos, however having seen the configuration i would say the spread of light is less on the Stratos but is probably more intense.

Speak to a couple of DJ kit suppliers, I dunno maybe CRS1 and HTFR and they might be able to help you make your mind up.
    why not get intouch with the forums very own HTFR expert adam ?

Hi Bouncy, Welcome to the forum.
    I used to own a pair of the Ledj uv stratos and they were excellent, there are dip switches on the unit and you can use these as a bright or dim function also. All in all a very bright effect nice and compact (about the same size as the American Dj Mega panel) and of course you dont have to worry about expensive replacement lamps as with the canon. As for a similar product a company called 'Showtec' do a nice range of led lighting they do an almost identical version of prolights blockbuster 6 but a fair bit cheaper. I know Ozz sound and lighting was stocking some of their range not too long ago. Try googling 'Showtec' and hopefully you may find something useful and save yourself a few quid !