Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How to set up uplighting par cans

Default How to set up uplighting par cans

Mods/admin...please ammend my title. Didnt mean to use the number 2. Thanks

Please feel free to shoot/sin bin me if this has been done to death, but how do you set up the par cars around the room. I.e. Do you have exceptionally long IEC cables that you feed along the wall with the dmx cables and how do you fasten them down (some of my venues may kill me if i crack out the gaffa tape). Im probalbly being very very stupid but any help is much appreciated.
    Last edited by Dynamic Entertainment; 04-12-2008 at 06:21 PM.
    http://www.dynamic-entertainment.co.uk

Tel:0800 990 3030

The opinions here are those of an individual and not necessarily those of Dynamic Entertainment.

I use gaffer tape to do mine. I have long IEC cables and DMX leads. At the end of the day, using tape to secure the leads down and make them safe is much better than them being a potential hazard with people tripping over them and not just that.... it looks better too and not messy.

501damian501

sometimes you may not need long eletrical cables, as power supply might be local to the par can as venuse have various sockets knocking around function rooms, halls, ect ect

but you cant rely on that- best method discussed before is daisy chaining them and using iec splitters- you need a dmx cable linking them anyway so a power cable too is not extra work

501damian501

Quote Originally Posted by wensleydale View Post
    but you cant rely on that- best method discussed before is daisy chaining them and using iec splitters- you need a dmx cable linking them anyway so a power cable too is not extra work
    hence i said sometimes, you allways prepair for the worse... well i do, i would never leave wires at home knowing i may need them.

Thanks. Think the splitters are a good idea. Think im gonna have to purchase a drum of 3 core and a load of IEC connecters if im gonna go down the route of uplighting a whole room.

The opinions here are those of an individual and not necessarily those of Dynamic Entertainment.

501damian501

just start small with 2 either side of your rig or something, then branch out bigger and better.

Quote Originally Posted by 501damian501 View Post
    just start small with 2 either side of your rig or something, then branch out bigger and better.
    Thanks for the advice. Im thinking about going for the Stairville LED Par56 off thomann but cant find one thats floor standing. can you just buy a different bracket to modify then do you know?

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoSteve View Post
    Thanks. Think the splitters are a good idea. Think im gonna have to purchase a drum of 3 core and a load of IEC connecters if im gonna go down the route of uplighting a whole room.
    I think your best bet would be make up lots of ready made looms. Like 3meter, 5m, 7m and 10m with a dmx cable cable tied to it aswell.

Just use the cables you need for each room you wish to uplight.

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoSteve View Post
    Thanks for the advice. Im thinking about going for the Stairville LED Par56 off thomann but cant find one thats floor standing. can you just buy a different bracket to modify then do you know?

http://www.bluearan.co.uk/index.php?...emode=category