Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Thread: review hercules rmx

Default review hercules rmx

just had the hercules rmx out for the first time last night.
    when i opened the rmx the first thing i noticed was the weight it felt nice and solid and more of a pro feel about it than the other controllers they have produced.setting up the system was really easy just install the rmx drivers in your computer.
    the hercules rmx comes packaged with a copy of virtual dj
    The rmx is an all metal casing Metal casing Aluminum plate on top, Metal sheet on bottom
    Mic input for talk-over
    Headphone output
    2 stereo outputs
    4 x ¼" jack mono out (+4dBu) for pro gear
    4 RCA mono out (-10dBv) for standard gear
    2 stereo inputs
    Plug & mix external sources with MP3s
    one advantage of the rmx is you can also use the built in mixer to control cd players or other audio sources
    The jog wheels are nice and sensetive could be nice for scratching ( if you can scratch) there is a button that can turn off scratch so you can use the jog wheel for a search through the track.
    there are 6 faders 1 for each channel and 1 in the middle for master volume
    the two at either side of the unit are for the pitch.
    The unit has 3 band eq for each channel plus bass mid and treble kill buttons
    there is also a rotary gain for each channel

headphones
    1 rotary Monitor Select potentiometer
    The Monitor Select potentiometer lets the DJ select the music played on the headphone output, either:
    Previewing (the track selected with the Cue Select buttons), or Deck A + Deck B,Or a mix of the 2 tracks, when the Monitor Select position is between these 2 settings.
    2 Cue Select buttons (1 per deck)
    Selects the deck the DJ previews on the headphones: Cue Select Deck A or Cue Select Deck B.

mic
    1 rotary Microphone volume potentiometer
    Sets the volume of the microphone input.
    1 Microphone On/Off button, with talk-over control
    Enables/mutes the microphone, and simultaneously attenuates/restores the background music level

Browsing for songs
    buttons for browsing within music libraries (Up, Down, Left, Right)
    Up/down buttons: move to the previous (Up) or next (Down) music file/directory.
    Left/right buttons: switch the root directory (Left) or enter a directory (Right).
    2 load buttons (Load Deck A, Load Deck B)
    Load the highlighted music track on the left deck (Load Deck A) or the right deck (Load Deck B).

4 AUDIO INPUTS
    2 stereo audio inputs: 2 pairs of dual RCA connectors
    The DJ can replace the computer audio track played on deck A with the music played on inputs 1-2, and replace the audio track on deck B with the music played on inputs 3-4.
    With these 2 stereo inputs, Hercules DJ Console Rmx provides hybrid mixing: the DJ mixes computer audio tracks on 1 deck with the analog audio source on the other deck.
    The DJ can equalize the external audio source or set its volume as with a computer audio track.
    2 Phono/Line switches with a ground for each phono input
    The DJ can set the preamp level for each stereo input to line (CD/MP3 player) or phono (turntable) level.
    In addition to mixing analog vinyl records, the phono/line level lets the DJ mix time-coded vinyl/CDs.
    Use in conjunction with 2 Source buttons (1 per deck)
    These buttons enable/disable the audio inputs, replacing the computer audio track on each deck.
    Use in conjunction with 2 gain potentiometers (1 per deck)
    The DJ can adjust the level of the external source to match the level of computer audio playback.

4 AUDIO OUTPUTS
    4 x ¼" jack mono connectors (Outputs 1, 2, 3, 4)
    Play the mix at +4dBu on outputs 1-2 and the preview on outputs 3-4 with VirtualDJ 5 DJC to connect DJ Console Rmx to a PA system.
    4 RCA connectors (Outputs 1, 2, 3, 4)
    Play the mix at -10dBv on outputs 1-2 and the preview on outputs 3-4 with VirtualDJ 5 DJC to connect DJ Console Rmx to a hi-fi system.
    Connect the ¼" jack outputs to a PA system to play the mix for the audience while simultaneously connecting the RCA outputs to the audio line input on another computer to broadcast the mix online.
    Play Deck A on outputs 1-2 and Deck B on outputs 3-4 (with VirtualDJ 5 Pro or another application) and export the mix to an external mixer.
    there are lots of stuff u havent covered but just to say the rmx is a great pice of kit easy to use and well thought out only thing that would of been a nice addition would of been some xlr ports for powered speakers

I've had one of these for a few months now, and I think they are great.

xlr outputs would have been nice, but I have managed without them.

Not sure what else to say about it. Build quality seems very good and it does exacty what it should.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]www.super-sonic.eu

Cheers for the review Flatliners. Really useful.

I'm thinking of getting a Hercules RMX or a Numark Omni Control.

I like the look of both of them, but can't make my mind up.

Do you know if you can use Traktor software with the RMX?

Quote Originally Posted by markthedoc View Post
    Cheers for the review Flatliners. Really useful.

I'm thinking of getting a Hercules RMX or a Numark Omni Control.

I like the look of both of them, but can't make my mind up.

Do you know if you can use Traktor software with the RMX?
    I was chatting to Simon at Numark, he's their help desk chap and he said Numark and Traktor have been talking about exactly that. So, at the moment I don't think you can, however, watch this space .....

Well I've decided to go for the Numark as my mates got a record shop and can get me one for trade price but he can't get hold of the RMX.
    So at least that's made my mind up for me!