Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Mackie - SRM450 v2's - your opinions

& if I told you that my Class Ds absolutely annihilated an HK system being used by a Frank Sinatra & Robbie Williams tribute double act so much so that they asked to run through my system for their second set?

All I'll have done is throw another comparison into the hat that is about as relevant as John's constant plugging of RCF to the original question.

We're d@mned if we let threads run off topic & we're d@mned If we try & keep to the original question.

If you want opinions on other systems then fine, but I've been trying to keep the thread on the same track as the original post. The thread title is usually a clue to most of us.

Twinspin, have you even heard the V2 SRM450?
    Steve Mad, bad & dangerous to know www.corabar.co.uk
    Better to study for one hour with the wise, than to drink wine with the foolish.
    The opinions of Corabar Steve are not necessarily those of Corabar Entertainment, or any of its subsidiaries

i think what i'll need to do is get myself along to a local stockist of both and take some tracks with me to be played over both systems.

its all academic until you compare them like for like in the same environment,

Indeed
    Steve Mad, bad & dangerous to know www.corabar.co.uk
    Better to study for one hour with the wise, than to drink wine with the foolish.
    The opinions of Corabar Steve are not necessarily those of Corabar Entertainment, or any of its subsidiaries

and, it is all academic anyway, as i haven't got enough money for either systems right now.

To answer your question Steve. I have heard the V2 version otherwise i will not comment. At the time of buying the ART tops that i use now. The SRM450 v2 cabs had just come out. The guy in the shop showed me the systems within the price i wanted to pay and the three contenders were Mackie, RCF, DB Technologies. I listened to all three of them and it was the ARTs that sounded the best and about £100 less than the V2s

The v2 version of the srm450s are better than the older ones. But i did prefer the ARTs im not plugging anyone into buying them. i mentioned the options available in the range and to go and have a listen to them because i personally like them. They will either be grahams cup of tea or not.

I believe that the best way to look for a PA system is to take some advice from the forums or even the guy in a pro audio shop and then go and listen to each system recommended. That way you can find a system that is the best suited to your needs and meets your personal preference in sound.

Thats the best way to go for a PA system.

What i posted about HK Audio is completely on track of the thread because they were also asked about in this thread by Graham.
    Last edited by Twinspin; 08-12-2008 at 04:25 PM.

John

You are getting dates mixed up. You had your RCFs before mine and when I bought mine, the 450V2 weren't around, so I'm not sure how you listened to them....

What I want to know is - where's Tom when you need him.........
    Uh..."You have been fined 99 bicycle clips, go directly to jail, do not collect 200 pounds... who's that naughty boy there?"

I have actually had 2x pairs of the RCF ART cabs. My first pair that i got before you got yours darren my first pair of the ARTs got broken by my roadie when he was drunk dropped them down a marble staircase.

So not been able to claim through musicguard i had to replace the speakers out my own pocket. Then i went to electromusic in doncaster they told me that the best three cabs were RCF Mackie and DB for the price range.

The first pair i got.... come from Absolute Music Solutions.

Quote Originally Posted by penmare42 View Post
    What I want to know is - where's Tom when you need him.........
    HELLOOOOOOOOOOOO.

Thanks for the pm Tony.

Just had a quick read through the thread.

I do have a pair of the SRM450 V2.

Now where do I start. They do not get hot, how ever hard you push them, which is great is you are worried about the amps getting hot.

I have to admit that they are not bass heavy cabs but they will be able to throw a lot of sound from such small cabs. They use a 12" main driver and to be honest, it does go quite low for such a small speaker. Just a good cab really.

If you have anymore questions, just fire away as I believe I am the only one on this forum who uses them, I think???

You are here then.....

As I thought....a very good cab...of which you speak well of.

What the weight again Tom?
    Uh..."You have been fined 99 bicycle clips, go directly to jail, do not collect 200 pounds... who's that naughty boy there?"