Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Mackie - SRM450 v2's - your opinions

nosebleed caused by a pair of mackies? No. Headache / tinnitus, well quite possibly.

i think we all need to remember, sound is a very subjective thing, and as everybody has different tastes and hearing, we all like the sound of different systems.

The only piece of advice that i would offer here is:
    Listen to your intended purchase, and if they sound good to you, tick all the practical and financial boxes, then go with them.

Dont buy of hearsay, you most likely wont find the right product.

Now, if you do want a nosebleed, let me plug in my 30kw Void acoustics Arcline system...

I run the v2's and 2 db subs and never have to touch the eq's everything is run totally flat and always sound sweet.

A lot of the systems i have seen and heard its not the eq on the speakers its the mixer that can make a huge difference.

If you test them on various mixers you'll hear the difference.

These are the mixers I've used with my v2's and what i found when run totally flat

Behringer = lack of bass
    Pioneer = very bass heavy
    Citronic = bass heavy
    Denon = bass heavy
    Allen & Heath = spot on
    Northamptonshires Premier Video Disco • Northamptonshire based PAT Testing
    -----
    Pioneer DJM 2000, Apple MacBook Pro 17", 2 x Pioneer CDJ 1000 Mk III, 2 x Technics SL1210, Virtual DJ

We use V2's as well, have had them for over a year. they hace covered everything from kids parties to 200 people at a wedding disco. we do not use subs with them. I find them a little harsh with a flat Eq but tweaking the mid down a little fixes that. They are nice and light too. Overall, we are very happy with them, a great little all round speaker.

Quote Originally Posted by 1st Choice Karaoke View Post
    We use V2's as well, have had them for over a year. they hace covered everything from kids parties to 200 people at a wedding disco. we do not use subs with them. I find them a little harsh with a flat Eq but tweaking the mid down a little fixes that. They are nice and light too. Overall, we are very happy with them, a great little all round speaker.

Lovely mids on the V2's. IMO.
    Uh..."You have been fined 99 bicycle clips, go directly to jail, do not collect 200 pounds... who's that naughty boy there?"