Quote Originally Posted by Tony Scott View Post
Most professional active subs have a steep high-pass filter fitted as standard.

A high pass filter will prevent any frequencies below the design frequency of the cabinet getting through, this means that no matter what programme you give the sub it wont reproduce frequencies lower than it's design spec. (40hz for a DB15)..........if you want proper sub then go for something designed to produce 35hz or less!

My subs are loaded with 18"-PD1850's http://www.precisiondevices.co.uk/ShowDetails.asp?id=15
I use a digital LMS with a high-pass filter set at 32hz to prevent the driver from unloading and over exerting below the cabinet design frequency........

......32hz feels good, especially on D&B, Dubstep, RnB etc !!!!

Thanks for that, Tony.

Infact, I have been asking questions about using a void speaker for a cab. It's a good idea but the cab will need somthing like 240 litre cab for it to work correctly. I think the most I could fit in my car would be 200 litre max.

That PD1850 is supossed to be quite something in a reflex cab as those drivers are mostly used in horn applications. lol. Same as the void really.

I was recommended the PD186 for a reflex cab but not to sure if its going to have the "punchy-ness" I need as well as going for those o so low notes. Will need to do some testing with WINISD and see what that can some up with.

I think selfbuild sub will be the best opition for bass anyway. It's a lot cheaper than buying a brand name that would have less power within my price range.