Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 4ohms + 8ohms =??

Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
    Mate, I give up! What you have suggested will sound crap, won't do what you want or think, and won't give the volume you think.
    sorry for being a pain but im just lost on what to do.

I just need a simple but effective rig.
    CJ-Entertainment
    Your Professional DJ Service
    Tel: 0771 546 1992

Quote Originally Posted by Cj_The_Dj View Post

Sell the lot and just buy a couple of 400w tops and a decent active sub, It will cover you for most functions your doing at your age!

Quote Originally Posted by djsteve10 View Post
    Sell the lot and just buy a couple of 400w tops and a decent active sub, It will cover you for most functions your doing at your age!
    I love the bins as they really rumble and with precision-devices drivers for £56
    Last edited by Cj_The_Dj; 12-12-2008 at 09:59 PM.
    CJ-Entertainment

I love the bins as they really rumble and with perussion device drivers for £56
    Look mate you dont need big sound systems with ground shaking bass, Just nice warm bass that just gives some sound enforcement and bottom end.

True. Not a plan which appeals to me, as he already has a pair of UL15's. I have suggested active subs as the easiest way of adding one before, and doubtless will again, but the lad apparently likes the ones he's got.

Simple. OK, we can do simple.
    http://www.classd.ltd.uk/product.php...&cat=23&page=1
    Same amp as before.
    Look at that, I've even saved two cabs, and two cables, how clever is that?

Right, now to be serious. CJ, you appear to like the cabs you've got, so let's start there. The UL15's are great cabs, and I assume you've already got a suitable amp. The subs are a pain, and personally I'd p/ex them, but again I assume you got a good deal on them, and quite like them also. So we now need to amplify them. The only sensible way to match up this hotch potch
    of kit is active crossover, two amps. If you're going to buy an amp to sit there looking pretty and waqiting for the main one to fail, so be it, I'd rather let it drive the subs, and earn its money. Really the cabling isn't difficult. Put the crossover in a case, and leave the cabes in it, that helps a lot.
    A thought occurs. Is your main amp a Peavey by any chance? Many of those blighters have a crossover built in, which makes it an absolute doddle.

EDIT:
    Look mate you dont need big sound systems with ground shaking bass, Just nice warm bass that just gives some sound enforcement and bottom end.
    Steve, remember you're talking to a Young Person, not an old git like me.
    Last edited by Excalibur; 11-12-2008 at 06:48 PM.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
    True. Not a plan which appeals to me, as he already has a pair of UL15's. I have suggested active subs as the easiest way of adding one before, and doubtless will again, but the lad apparently likes the ones he's got.

Simple. OK, we can do simple.
    http://www.classd.ltd.uk/product.php...&cat=23&page=1
    Same amp as before.
    Look at that, I've even saved two cabs, and two cables, how clever is that?

Right, now to be serious. CJ, you appear to like the cabs you've got, so let's start there. The UL15's are great cabs, and I assume you've already got a suitable amp. The subs are a pain, and personally I'd p/ex them, but again I assume you got a good deal on them, and quite like them also. So we now need to amplify them. The only sensible way to match up this hotch potch
    of kit is active crossover, two amps. If you're going to buy an amp to sit there looking pretty and waqiting for the main one to fail, so be it, I'd rather let it drive the subs, and earn its money. Really the cabling isn't difficult. Put the crossover in a case, and leave the cabes in it, that helps a lot.
    A thought occurs. Is your main amp a Peavey by any chance? Many of those blighters have a crossover built in, which makes it an absolute doddle.

EDIT:

Steve, remember you're talking to a Young Person, not an old git like me.
    I am going to have to sit down with my mom and dad to talk about this one.

beacuse things are hard as we dont have much money. and i used to have a peavey pv1500 and i had to sell beacuse i needed the money worst thing i ever did.

I thought it would be easy as geting a pair of small tops half power of me bins and one big amp.

when i got the bins he gave me a active crossover and internall ones,

I thought this logic beacuse a guy called chris fox (foxprom) he is big in sheffield and thats what he dose on out door events but some times add more full range.

also dose justin use 2/3 amps on his stack?
    CJ-Entertainment

I thought it would be easy as geting a pair of small tops half power of me bins and one big amp.
    It can be dopne is all the speakers are the correct ohm like 8 for example.

If it was me I would sell all your speakers and amps and start fresh. Look at class-d and see what they have to offer.

You say you are tight for cash. If you sold your speakers and amps, at a realistic price how much would you get for them???

Once you have this, then sit down with your budget and look at whats on the market. I still think class-d would be your best opition price wise.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom View Post
    It can be dopne is all the speakers are the correct ohm like 8 for example.

If it was me I would sell all your speakers and amps and start fresh. Look at class-d and see what they have to offer.

You say you are tight for cash. If you sold your speakers and amps, at a realistic price how much would you get for them???

Once you have this, then sit down with your budget and look at whats on the market. I still think class-d would be your best opition price wise.
    when i try selling my equipment i never get ood prices
    CJ-Entertainment

when i try selling my equipment i never get ood prices

Is it that or you are asking to much???

What gear would you sell and I'm sure some of us lot can give you a rough price of what it's worth like condition and all that.

I am going to have to sit down with my mom and dad to talk about this one.

beacuse things are hard as we dont have much money. and i used to have a peavey pv1500 and i had to sell beacuse i needed the money worst thing i ever did.

when i got the bins he gave me a active crossover and internall ones,

I thought this logic beacuse a guy called chris fox (foxprom) he is big in sheffield and thats what he dose on out door events but some times add more full range.

also dose justin use 2/3 amps on his stack?
    Justin has one amp only, but it was bought as a balanced package. Don't ask me to explain how that works again, but believe me you can't do it easily with your gear. Normally he goes out with small tops and subs, but he too is asking Santa for a crossover and second amp. ( Might get my spare back then. )

If the guy who sold you the gear has taken the passive crossovers out what does that tell you? That active ones are better, and more versatile. If he's now got parallel sockets on the subs, he can add another pair to go to four ohms, and increase the sound that way. Thinking cap on I reckon.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk