Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Martin SCX700

Default Martin SCX700

Im looking to upgrade my lighting next year and quite fancy the Martin SCX700. Has anyone seen/got them? and if so what are they like. Does anyone know of some similar priced scanners that are better? The only point is that they must mave rotation gobos (quite like them) Thanks. Steve
    http://www.dynamic-entertainment.co.uk

Tel:0800 990 3030

The opinions here are those of an individual and not necessarily those of Dynamic Entertainment.

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoSteve View Post
    Im looking to upgrade my lighting next year and quite fancy the Martin SCX700. Has anyone seen/got them? and if so what are they like. Does anyone know of some similar priced scanners that are better? The only point is that they must mave rotation gobos (quite like them) Thanks. Steve
    haven't used the SCX700 before, but have used other martin scanners - they are all well built, have good optics, reliable, and easy to source parts for.

one thing i will mention if you want to DMX them with other lights you will need a "Pin Swap" connect to swap the pins over.

You sure about that Graham, never had to swap the pins on any martin lights before to use with other lights (evl, acme, stairville etc)

I've swapped them on mad/abstract lights tho as there pins 2 and 3 are the opposit way to most other manifacturers. best way of doing this is to open up the light and get the soldering iron out to swap wires on the back of the plug, saves mucking about with swap over cables etc

There again if you have abstract/mad lights to start with i suppose you would have to swap them so they have the same pin numbers lol

positive Blitz,

when i did lighting at St Andrews University Students' Association (a stones throw away from you) we always had to run a Pin swap with the Martin lights to get them to work properly with all the other moving heads.

Roboscan 518s, Roboscan 812s, Roboscan 1220's, Abstracts and Destroyers,

using a normal 512 DMX universe.

of course these were older fixtures, but i doubt Martin have changed their pin assignment
    Last edited by Grahame Case; 16-12-2008 at 10:02 PM.

I was aware that the Roboscan 812, Robozaps and Destroyers were screwed up because i had great fun with them i a club i used to work at but i though that Martin may have sorted it out seen as they get slated for it quite a bit, mind you probably not...

The opinions here are those of an individual and not necessarily those of Dynamic Entertainment.

The Mania scanners have the standed pin lay out.No need for a swap cable

what price do the SCX700's come in at Steve?

Quote Originally Posted by Grahame Case View Post
    A quick google search shows the cheapest at £664.35 but seem to average out at £680-£690.

Not a cheap light (especially if you want to run them in pairs as I would) but they look really good on the demo's.

Quote Originally Posted by Grahame Case View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by JayDeeDrinker View Post
    A quick google search shows the cheapest at £664.35 but seem to average out at £680-£690.

Not a cheap light (especially if you want to run them in pairs as I would) but they look really good on the demo's.
    The cheapes ive found is £656.95 from www.soundpowerdj.co.uk

They do look quality on the video. Im hoping of the next 2 years to go for 4 of these, 2 of the barral versions (SCX800) and 4 of the EFX700's. Would also like 4 Mac250 krypton but at 6 and a half grand that may take a while.

Quote Originally Posted by groovy-nights View Post
    The Mania scanners have the standed pin lay out.No need for a swap cable
    Thank god for that, couldnt be botheres wih having more cables on the go