Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: Mobile DJ Show 11th January 2009

Quote Originally Posted by CRS1.com View Post
    Please Note:
    This is me speaking as a "USER" of the systems (for over a year now) and not just as "Dealer" for Bose products!

The earth moving sub is NOT the market place for the Bose Subs as they are better suited at high class Weddings, Balls, marquee work and Corporate work where STYLE and GREAT sound is more important than "Thudding Subs".

But....

If you need "thudding Sub" then a pair of EV Sb760A's would/and do a great job, I know as I tried them a couple of times in various venues, before I sold them on a display deal last month.

Heavy Sub is not my cup of (rippling) tea I'm affraid as I am mainly posh wedding biased now and have no need for extra heavy thumping Bass.

If anyone is interested, I now use 2 x L1 Model-1 poles and 4 x subs (2 each side) and that is perfect for any venue I have thrown at them and they always sound superb.

I do like this forum as I feel I can still hold my head up high and say...
    "Hello My name is Clive and I use a Bose sound system"
    Thanks for that Clive, pretty much what some of us reckoned about the attributes and target market for the Bose.

Quote Originally Posted by penmare42 View Post
    LMFAO.....about right....
    How funny. Laugh, I nearly started.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

Hi,

my first time at this show and really enjoyed the company. Made some new friends and was great chatting to the exhibitors.

A big thank you to Kam who gave me a free replacement mic because I was berating the fact that they hadn't answered their emails - well done!

Although I didn't make any purchases I took away a couple of ideas for the future.

Thank you Clive for hosting the show and was really impressed when the ladies from the canteen bought out two bacon sarnies because they had run out earlier - so a big thank you to you also!

Where did all those people come from at 5:30pm?

Will definitely visit again although it was two hours away for me.

Keep up the good work.
    Last edited by welby; 14-01-2009 at 08:52 AM. Reason: Put Chris instead of Clive - Humble apologies!!
    -------------------------------------------------------

-------------------------------------------------------
    www.vip-disco.co.uk

Entertainment House, Main Road, Lacey Green, Nr. Princes Risborough, Bucks HP27 0QU Tel:01844 343113

Quote Originally Posted by welby View Post
    Hi,

my first time at this show and really enjoyed the company. Made some new friends and was great chatting to the exhibitors.

A big thank you to Kam who gave me a free replacement mic because I was berating the fact that they hadn't answered their emails - well done!

Although I didn't make any purchases I took away a couple of ideas for the future.

Thank you Chris for hosting the show and was really impressed when the ladies from the canteen bought out two bacon sarnies because they had run out earlier - so a big thank you to you also!

Where did all those people come from at 5:30pm?

Will definitely visit again although it was two hours away for me.

Keep up the good work.

So glad you enjoyed the show, it was my pleasure...

No purchases eh?

I'll have to try harder next time!

Thank you for thanking my son Chris for the show, he was the 6 year old drawing the raffle - I'm Clive and nearly 45, but not to worry we'll see you again soon anyway!
    Last edited by CRS1.com; 13-01-2009 at 06:45 PM.
    CRS1@Entertainment House Please just CLICK HERE or call us on: 01844 343113
    We are proud to be the UK's first Official BOSE DJ Retail Partner + Buckinghamshire's Premier EV - Peavey - Pioneer - Stanton Main Dealers!
    Not to mention all the fabulous new and secondhand lighting we stock, display and sell - From Martin, Prolight, ADJ, Showtec etc.

Quote Originally Posted by CRS1.com View Post

I'll have to try harder next time!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Entertainment House, Main Road, Lacey Green, Nr. Princes Risborough, Bucks HP27 0QU Tel:01844 343113

Quote Originally Posted by Solitaire Entertainments Ltd View Post
    Loving that, he's my role model him...

You are a little Booga aren't you!!!!!
    We are proud to be the UK's first Official BOSE DJ Retail Partner + Buckinghamshire's Premier EV - Peavey - Pioneer - Stanton Main Dealers!
    Not to mention all the fabulous new and secondhand lighting we stock, display and sell - From Martin, Prolight, ADJ, Showtec etc.

One of your Bose poles is on the left of the photo too!

FLMAO.........

Needs a paint job.....
    Uh..."You have been fined 99 bicycle clips, go directly to jail, do not collect 200 pounds... who's that naughty boy there?"

Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
    Mention making the earth move and up he pops. Right Tony, I'm sure Steve asked about using other subs to beef up the bottom end on another thread. The man from Bose related a tale about a Bose user who had a residency in a huge venue, and wheeled in an 18" 1kw powered sub, and hid it behind a curtain. This provided some "indiscriminate" thudding, and the Bose supplied the detail over the top. That's it in a nutshell, and not word for word.

Thanks Pete... Confirmed my thoughts on B1's!
    ----------www.partyshopdisco.co.uk - www.weddingdiscodorset.co.uk
    -----Outstanding Wedding Disco Entertainment for Dorset & Somerset
    -----------------------01305 775579 - 07876 136663

No Darren that is the broom, I sweep up with no hands as I am working!