Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: KAM KWM1940 Wireless Mic Repair?

Interesting to note! I have KAM 1930 system - one mic always needed to be at full gain on the receiver unit, and has now died in similar circumstance to Post #1.

So, I'm with James --- how / where did you manage to order a replacement?

Quote Originally Posted by welby View Post
    Just one note - the service dept at kam couldn't even bother to answer my email and to think of the pounds I've spent on KAM kit over the years! KAM PULL YA FINGER OUT!
    My experience exactly.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by pagan_flame View Post
    Interesting to note! I have KAM 1930 system - one mic always needed to be at full gain on the receiver unit, and has now died in similar circumstance to Post #1.

So, I'm with James --- how / where did you manage to order a replacement?
    I deal with a shop on fleabay call discotraderuk £29 +£3.40 pp. I have a few things from this outfit and they are very polite and quick to respond and a heck of a lot cheaper than other suppliers.

Only person that I could find selling these. All the retail outlets said "would have to check with Kam to see if it is a spare" but never cam back to me - even my local dj outlet which was dissapointing.

I think my new year's resolution was "not to put up with crap service" and look elsewhere! and maybe quote Woolworths as an example of how not to run a business.

Hope this helps?

Mark
    -------------------------------------------------------

www.vip-disco.co.uk

Just one note - the service dept at kam couldn't even bother to answer my email and to think of the pounds I've spent on KAM kit over the years! KAM PULL YA FINGER OUT!
    I'm not surprised. When my kit got nicked only the PSU for a kam radio mic was taken from the van (they missed the mics & receiver) continual phone calls & emails to KAM resulted in nothing. 1 call to Clive at CRS & I had a new PSU within a week.
    Steve Mad, bad & dangerous to know www.corabar.co.uk
    Better to study for one hour with the wise, than to drink wine with the foolish.
    The opinions of Corabar Steve are not necessarily those of Corabar Entertainment, or any of its subsidiaries

We've been on a 'break' from gigging for a few months but before we did all our kit worked fine - except our Kam Wireless mics. The sound quality was not great ever and one died on us during our second to last gig. Fortunately it didn't matter too much as we don't do Karaoke or similar but it takes away the back up.

We recently ran all the gear up to check it out prior to PAT testing and all is OK but the mic is still dead.

Not impressed with these Kam radio mics - anyone got any suggestions of reasonably priced quality alternatives? As an alternative, we could go back to long cabled mics, but when you get speeches etc it just doesn't look as slick as using a radio mic (but at least we know the voice quality will be good and reliable).

maybe we'll just keep the Kams for raffles.....where sometimes intermittent silence would be a blessing !

Any alternatives, thoughts gratefully received.

I deal with a shop on fleabay call discotraderuk £29 +£3.40 pp. I have a few things from this outfit and they are very polite and quick to respond and a heck of a lot cheaper than other suppliers.

Only person that I could find selling these. All the retail outlets said "would have to check with Kam to see if it is a spare" but never cam back to me - even my local dj outlet which was dissapointing.

I think my new year's resolution was "not to put up with crap service" and look elsewhere! and maybe quote Woolworths as an example of how not to run a business.

Hope this helps?

Mark
    Perfecto!!!!!

Replacements arrived this morning. Cant Fault Disco Traders service at all! The only downside is i don't think he has anymore in stock as couldn't get all i need! But on the plus side i have enough to get by with the karaoke gigs coming up so i'm happy again.

They might be cheap and might not be the best mics in the world BUT for something that's going to be thrown around, dropped, spat in to and all sorts while in use in the karaoke scene you can't really grumble. I'd rather spend £30 every now and then and get a replacement than use £300 - £400 sennheisers that's for sure.
    UK EVENT SERVICES.CO.UK
    * Photo Video Guestbooks & Video Booths *

Based in Worcestershire and covering across the UK - Tel: 08456 43 48 49

My Kams are really good. So I don't see how people find the quality crap? I have used shure mics and wasent too impressed by them.

Quote Originally Posted by CB Entertainments View Post
    My Kams are really good. So I don't see how people find the quality crap? I have used shure mics and wasent too impressed by them.
    I have both a set of the KAMs and a Shure radio mic and the difference in quality and performance is like night and day, in the Shure's favour.

But...

The KAMs have their place and I use them for speeches, mainly because I don't really care what people do to them.
    Last edited by Steve the DJ; 09-01-2009 at 02:28 PM.
    Exit stage left...

ppentertainments

I deal with a shop on fleabay call discotraderuk £29 +£3.40 pp.
    have tried to find the above shop but can't find it - anyone got a link ??

Goto ebay>advanced search>scroll down to sellers> tick box Only show items from: > include and enter discotraders-uk

This should bring up all the goodies. - needs a hypen in the name - discotraders-uk - apologies!!!

www.vip-disco.co.uk