Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Thread: e mail query

Default e mail query

I use a Yahoo box ( rather than Outlook ) for emails and have just received
    an email from a potential customer but I cant tell which of my email addresses it was sent to --the customers own email appears in the box which normally shows where it was sent.

I dont know if thats deliberate--its from a hotmail account.

I have several different e mail addresses with a forwarding facility to my main box.

How do I find out the email address it was sent to?

I think my Computer friend solved this problem once before but he is now in Thailand.

Anyone?

thanks in advance,

CRAZY K

That is usually the way of hiding the addressees of an email sent to several people at once. If it is, you won't know from the email to which address it was sent, I'm afraid.

Quote Originally Posted by kilmeedyman View Post
    That is usually the way of hiding the addressees of an email sent to several people at once. If it is, you won't know from the email to which address it was sent, I'm afraid.
    That's not correct. You'll always be able to find out which email address you received it to. If the sender bcc'd it to everyone you won't see who else got it - but you'll always be able to see which address it came to you on.

All you need to do is view the full headers of the email, or the "Message Source" in Outlook / Outlook Express. I've spoken to Crazy K and that's exactly what he did - problem solved
    Last edited by Marc J; 05-01-2009 at 03:13 PM. Reason: speeling!

Quote Originally Posted by Marc J View Post
    That's not correct. You'll awlays be able to find out which email address you received it to. If the sender bcc'd it to everyone you won't see who else got it - but you'll always be able to see which address it came to you on.

All you need to do is view the full headers of the email, or the "Message Source" in Outlook / Outlook Express. I've spoken to Crazy K and that's exactly what he did - problem solved
    Thanks Marc

regards

CRAZY K