Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: maximum external HDD supported by DENON HD2500

Your splitting hairs now Darren, as I said I would put a wager on it.
    There is inevitable gonna be some difference as its compressed down but you will be hard pressed to notice, I don't reckon Graham would notice anything especially within a disco environment, in fact I reckon he would be quite surprised in how good they actually sound for such a small file.

Quote Originally Posted by One Vision View Post
    Darren even the D2 manual states you would be hard pushed to notice any difference even at 192.
    Yeah, but that is using a D2 (Read into that what you want)
    Steve Mad, bad & dangerous to know www.corabar.co.uk
    Better to study for one hour with the wise, than to drink wine with the foolish.
    The opinions of Corabar Steve are not necessarily those of Corabar Entertainment, or any of its subsidiaries

Swine

Using a higher bitrate will have better sound quality but using pa systems like what we use, I don't think you will notice the difference. Maby if you use touring grade pa speakers then you might hear a difference. I don't know.

If you are using super high end components, like what audiophiles use, then you will hear a difference.

Quote Originally Posted by One Vision View Post
    Your splitting hairs now Darren,
    No, I am not. I am disagreeing with a statement that you made. You cannot possibly know what other people hear.

That's what you said and that's what I disagree with. Read your posts back and stop trying to wriggle out of a ridiculous statement.

Quote Originally Posted by Grahame Case View Post
    been reading around, lots of people recommending WAV over mp3 because it is cleaner. i'm an MP3 fan myself, but might be swayed to use wav because storage is so cheap.
    and I thought I was being a little over the top by ripping in WAV, but as storage is pretty cheap these days and my collection is only around 4,000 tracks - I could probably get it all on a pocket drive, and 1TB HDDs are fairly cheap ish these days too.

definitely thinking that ripping to WAV is a good starter for master copies, then converting later to MP3 for transfer to portable HDD
    That is exactly what I have done. My Ipod is obviously for personal listening through earphones, so 320kbps will always be fine (especially with ear buds).

But it's nice to have the WAV Copy there for other uses.

It took me about (see below) for a few less than 4,000 tracks.
    24 Hours = 4,000

and that was doing a bit each night for around 2 weeks, thank goodness my collection wasn't any larger.

Quote Originally Posted by Solitaire Entertainments Ltd View Post
    The point I am trying to make is that it takes a great deal of time ripping CD and I can't see the point ripping to wav and then to Mp3s after that!
    WAV for DJing (if you want 1411s) and MP3s for personal use.

ITunes does it just by selecting all the relevant tracks, right clicking, and
    "Create MP3 Version" as Rob will know

Quote Originally Posted by Solitaire Entertainments Ltd View Post
    I have ripped my CDs 3 times now (for various reasons) and know how mind numbingly boring it is!
    Have you had a PC Crash

it all depends on your playback system
    Indeed

Quote Originally Posted by vectisvibe View Post
    Yep. And age / years DJing plays a big part. When I let my roadie EQ up it always sounds better than when I do it myself
    and you're still in the Job

I have heard laptop DJs before, and I'd be very surprised if they used WAV Files, so guessing it's MP3s - sounded fine on a pair of Carlsbro Gammas, they were turned up incredibly loud though.

There will be a point in the future where you can fit your entire collection (without going into numbers here) on a USB Flash Drive.

How did I know before even clicking on this subject that it would have been resurected my Max practicing his thread necromancy again
    Steve Mad, bad & dangerous to know www.corabar.co.uk
    Better to study for one hour with the wise, than to drink wine with the foolish.
    The opinions of Corabar Steve are not necessarily those of Corabar Entertainment, or any of its subsidiaries