Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Summer Residency for Language School

Did lots of these. check the nationalities and get track selections from them first as spanish/latin, russian etc. do have very different tastes. go in to the classes or ask the teachers to get two tracks per student with names which will impress them when read out over the mic.

look here for each country: http://top40-charts.com/chart.php?cid=25&compag=73

General r&b & pop works, but some countries tend to be quite far behind to our chart so they may not know some tracks.

Our classics are not thier classics - suavemente, la camisa negra etc. for latin/spanish.

They can also be very rude (especially italians) by demanding what they want.
    Last edited by yourdj; 19-01-2009 at 04:26 PM.
    Your DJ - Mobile DJ The New Forest, Southampton & Hampshire. Toby
    https://yourdj.co.uk/

Quote Originally Posted by yourdj View Post

They can also be very rude (especially italians) by demanding what they want.
    Agreed.

I done the one in Southsea last year and the Kids was great we did discos on two nights and Karaoke on the other night. The staff are always on hand for any trouble that may/does happen. Its good cause its early finish as well.

However I done the one in Brighton as well with Italians and that was a nightmare.........never again at that one!!!! Plus it was upstairs as well!!

If you know the venue its at and a rough idea of the sort of kids then do it. The majority of gets are polite and enjoy the night!!

Thanks for the advice (especially the euro chart links!) - I'll chase this one up and see how it works out. The students are a mixture from Europe and the East so should make for an interesting summer!

Keep 'yall posted!

Quote Originally Posted by Solitaire Entertainments Ltd View Post
    Agreed.
    Thats a first - I will print this and frame it

Doing an international tonight so swotting up on older posts if there is a track I have not got.
    As it happens this one is useless.

Quote Originally Posted by yourdj View Post
    Thats a first - I will print this and frame it

Doing an international tonight so swotting up on older posts if there is a track I have not got.
    As it happens this one is useless.
    ...and it's only taken you a little over 3 years to reply!

Quote Originally Posted by Corabar Entertainment View Post
    ...and it's only taken you a little over 3 years to reply!

Oh yes - that went quick

This reminds me of an interview at an International Farm Camp early this year. I knew the place well as I started disco in 1968 at the place.
    At the interview I was asked if I could play music from many european charts for the workers, mostly foreigners, and I said that would be no problem. Mostly 2 gigs per week many on Saturdays from May until Christmas and I quoted £270 per gig.

I later recieved an email saying they had booked a far cheaper disco. It was nice to go into the function barn again after 43 years though and it really hasn't changed much.