Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Whats your 1st song As a DJ

Default Whats your 1st song As a DJ

I just thought it would be good to share, what was the first song you played as a DJ (at a Gig) were.

Also what was the 1st C.D/L.P ect you brought!

To start of my 1st played song at a gig was kool and the gang – celebration.

And the 1st cd I remember buying was cher – believe don’t ask me why I don’t know lol.
    CJ-Entertainment
    Your Professional DJ Service
    Tel: 0771 546 1992

You expect some of us with 20+ years experience to remember that?

I can't even remember the first song I played last Friday!
    Steve Mad, bad & dangerous to know www.corabar.co.uk
    Better to study for one hour with the wise, than to drink wine with the foolish.
    The opinions of Corabar Steve are not necessarily those of Corabar Entertainment, or any of its subsidiaries

Quote Originally Posted by Cj_The_Dj View Post
    I just thought it would be good to share, what was the first song you played as a DJ (at a Gig) were.

Also what was the 1st C.D/L.P ect you brought!

To start of my 1st played song at a gig was kool and the gang – celebration.

And the 1st cd I remember buying was cher – believe don’t ask me why I don’t know lol.
    I cant remember THAT far back

CRAZY K

I know my first cd I bought was a sesame (correct spelling?) street cd and my second was a motorhead cd, but I think my dad made me buy it. Lol.

As for first song played at a gig......no idea. Lol

I missed part of the question.

My first CD was

A kind of 70s version of Now that's what I call music

My first album was

Still got them both.
    Steve Mad, bad & dangerous to know www.corabar.co.uk
    Better to study for one hour with the wise, than to drink wine with the foolish.
    The opinions of Corabar Steve are not necessarily those of Corabar Entertainment, or any of its subsidiaries

1st song ever played all by myself at a disco under my own name was All Cried Out by Alison Moyet. That dates it.

First LP I bought personally with my own pocket money was Dare by Human League (I was a bit late starting... )

First CD I bought - well actually I bought 4 at the same time - Madonna's Like A Virgin, Dire Straits Brothers In Arms, Lloyd Cole & The Commotions Rattlesnakes and AN Other which escapes me. This was from a choice of about 10 at WH Smith the same week that CD players launched

We used to always start with the number one in the charts, but can't remember what it was.....1975!
    First album I owned... K-tels 22 Dynamic Hits(although according to several no-mark DJs a good proportion of the tracks weren't hits!)
    First Album I bought... Strawbs - Bursting at the Seams
    First CD... Queen - The Works, and Peter Gabriel - So (bought together)

Covering, West Midlands, Cotswolds, South & Mid Wales. Have van, will travel!
    National Association of DJs

First vinyl I owned was a culture club album
    First cd was Queen - The miracle
    First song - Earth wind and fire - September (still use it every time)
    Andy

Steve - I actually do remember the first song I ever played when I did my first night DJing. Don't remember the date exactly but it was sometime in 1988 and I was doing my first ever Alternative Night at a local club. Before any of the punters came in I was shown how to use the system and lights etc and I played 'Down in The Park' by Tubeway Army because I wanted to see how it would sound coming out of a nice, big chunky sound system....it sounded great.

Once I got into it I used to have a guy warm up for me who would play the more obscure stuff and unknown/new bands. He did ok but I used to play 'Carmina Burana' by Karl Orff when he was finishing so that people knew I was taking over. It was like an intro to a gig and people would flock to the dancefloor ready for what I was going to play, it was cool. I would generally start off with 'She sells sanctuary' by The Cult....a classic!

The first record I bought with my own money was a 7" vinyl single of "Super Trooper" by ABBA

Certainly can't remember the first song I played, but around the time I started DJing, I played a lot of UB40 ("Red Red Wine") and "Please Don't Go" by KWS.