Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Review - American DJ X-move

Quote Originally Posted by Grahame Case View Post
    thats the XMove Laser there, the XMOVELED is different
    So it is!! I'll keep quiet from now on...

Quote Originally Posted by SilverlineDiscos View Post
    So it is!! I'll keep quiet from now on...
    easy enough mistake, i think the XMOVE laser is a bit opf a gimick, just like the moving head smoke machine.

I have seen the laser and I'm not impressed with it. It's like a laser crab but in a moving head. It has a few more effects but its simple stuff.

Nothing special really.

I know there is quite of a lot of gear that makes up moving head lights, but I really wish they weren't quite so expensive. I'd love a couple hanging on some trussing for example, but they do eat a big whole in your back pocket

Moving heads around the £300 mark is quite cheap to be honest. You can spend thousands on moving heads but for a mobile dj, these dont really have a place. Unless you hire out gear then you could use them for high end gigs for example.

I just bought a pair of x-moves (inc controller), used them for the first time Saturday night. NOICE.

Only a small room for this gig, but I have to say I'm very impressed and pleased with the purchase. Using again next week at a HUGE venue (long room rather than wide) so will see how they bear up over distance.

Would have been even better with a set of 4....but ££££££! Used in conjuntion with a Revo III, this was all the light I needed. Might just add 2x Javelins (stand alone) for fill-in on the walls etc for a larger venue

They were a big investment, but if I'm singing on a stage they are perfect for using as follow-spots. (Need to get a DMX controller with a joy-stick to make this easier : oh and a roadie!)

My only complaint is that the ADJ controller ("UC" something) would benefit from having an option to adjust the speed of the movement: even in the slower dances the movement was quite maniacal... the controller also seemed sluggish switching to strobe mode, but this is just me being picky.

Would another simple controller like a CA8 have an option to control the speed of movement - or is this just built into the X-move? (Or am I gonna have to buy and master a "proper" DMX controller? )

Quote Originally Posted by Jonny Boy View Post
    Would another simple controller like a CA8 have an option to control the speed of movement - or is this just built into the X-move?
    I don't think you can use the CA-8 with the X Moves. I use the CA-8 with my Isolution heads and you slow them right down, which is fantastic for a slow dance or at the beginning of the evening.

Quote Originally Posted by Solitaire Entertainments Ltd View Post
    I don't think you can use the CA-8 with the X Moves. I use the CA-8 with my Isolution heads and you slow them right down, which is fantastic for a slow dance or at the beginning of the evening.
    I think he means another style controller Daz (thats how i read it anyway ) which is just a small as the CA-8 (he cant seem to remember the name of ADJs version, and i cant either) only with a touch more functionality.

I think if the CA-8 slows the Isolutions down and adjs version doesnt with the x-moves, ive decided which ones im gonna invest in - at some point...
    http://www.dynamic-entertainment.co.uk

Tel:0800 990 3030

The opinions here are those of an individual and not necessarily those of Dynamic Entertainment.

Quote Originally Posted by Solitaire Entertainments Ltd View Post

Works fine with my x-move's but I don't use it as I use a Ryger foot controller either on its own or with Daslight.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom View Post
    Works fine with my x-move's but I don't use it as I use a Ryger foot controller either on its own or with Daslight.
    So you can use the CA-8 then? I'm sure Clive told me you couldn't?