Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Looking at websites.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Scott View Post
    Some great sites there, particularly liked the look of the 'chessdisco' one.

Just one question about your site, why only 30 songs??

"4. We give you the option to choose up to 30 tracks of your choice for your event."
    Give us an idea of what the person booking wants. we used to do limitless but had some really stupid music lists. When your downloading 100 tracks which you will probably never use again it get quite expensive when our average gig is £230. All great when you charging loads with lighting services etc.

Prefer to get an idea and let the dj's do thier job by judging the crowd and choosing the correct music.

Quote Originally Posted by rob1963 View Post
    Interesting list, and one which shows how good websites will be different things to different people...as quite of a few of those sites have black text on a white background, which I find very bland.

If I stumbled upon most of those sites, I certainly wouldn't think they were one of the best I'd seen...which shows it's largely subjective as to what a good site is.
    No not the best than most i would say? Just trying to provide a range of styles and approaches for penmare to look at lol
    Your DJ - Mobile DJ The New Forest, Southampton & Hampshire. Toby
    https://yourdj.co.uk/

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Scott View Post
    Some great sites there, particularly liked the look of the 'chessdisco' one.
    I know Chris, the guy who owns it. I'm sure he'll be pleased when I tell him.

Quote Originally Posted by nigelwright7557 View Post
    Done.......
    Jobs a good un
    http://www.dynamic-entertainment.co.uk

Tel:0800 990 3030

The opinions here are those of an individual and not necessarily those of Dynamic Entertainment.

Quote Originally Posted by nigelwright7557 View Post
    Done.......

Nigel, the other pic was soooooooooooooo much better
    Professional DJ & Event services inc Led & Starlight dancefloors, Venue uplighting

Derbyshire Wedding DJ - Wedding Uplighting, Dancefloors and Professional Wedding DJs

Quote Originally Posted by yourdj View Post
    When your downloading 100 tracks which you will probably never use again it get quite expensive.
    Good point

Agreed, you have to manage this situation with common sense otherwise it can get very silly allowing for the fact that there are only so many tracks you can play and your job is normally to get as many people dancing as possible.

Otherwise an I pod would be perfect

CRAZY K

Quote Originally Posted by CRAZY K ROADSHOW View Post
    Good point

Agreed, you have to manage this situation with common sense otherwise it can get very silly allowing for the fact that there are only so many tracks you can play and your job is normally to get as many people dancing as possible.

Otherwise an I pod would be perfect

CRAZY K
    Yes some party planners seem to think they know exactly what their guests want. In most cases it isn't. I have had events where i have told them before that it wont work but i will do it anyway.

almost all have come up to me half way through and said your right do it your way.
    Last edited by yourdj; 28-01-2009 at 11:58 AM.
    Your DJ - Mobile DJ The New Forest, Southampton & Hampshire. Toby
    https://yourdj.co.uk/