Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: PAYPAL..your views?

Quote Originally Posted by Solitaire Entertainments Ltd View Post
    it's not expensive at all if you go about it the right way.
    Come on then, spill 'em

Quote Originally Posted by vectisvibe View Post
    Come on then, spill 'em
    Firstly join the FSB.

Secondly get a very good deal on a machine from Streamline.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Scott View Post
    What are your views on the pro's & con's, charges etc?
    PayPal works well for me and is a recognisable brand which is trusted by most clients.

The fees are bearable considering the frequency it gets used, which for me is fairly rarely.

I would say 80% of my clients utilise Internet Banking and payment by BACs (which in many cases arrives in 24 hours now), is without doubt the most popular payment method followed by cheque, both of which cost me diddly squat to process.

There is no valid business reason for me to even contemplate acquiring a Merchant Account or terminal, virtual or otherwise, so PayPal is a perfectly adequate solution on the off chance someone wishes to pay by card.
    Exit stage left...

Quote Originally Posted by FDDJ View Post
    There is no valid business reason for me to even contemplate acquiring a Merchant Account or terminal
    Professionalism, cost, convenience?

Professionalism, cost, convenience?
    Professionalism

I fail to see how not having a Merchant Account or Terminal makes me any less "professional" than someone who does.

I provide a wide range of payment options and have never lost a booking, received a complaint or been told "I'm not a proper business" because I don't have something I don't need.

Cost

As mentioned earlier I don't have the volume of card transactions for a different set up to be more cost effective, nor do I want them when other payment methods are being actively used by my clients without any fuss that cost me zip to process.

Convenience

I assume you are referring to someone wanting to pay by card over the telephone?

In 20 years not 1 single person has ever asked me if they can pay by card over the phone, therefore I do not believe it is an inconvenience not to provide this facility.
    Exit stage left...

Professionalism

I fail to see how not having a Merchant Account or Terminal makes me any less "professional" than someone who does.

I provide a wide range of payment options and have never lost a booking, received a complaint or been told "I'm not a proper business" because I don't have something I don't need.

Cost

As mentioned earlier I don't have the volume of card transactions for a different set up to be more cost effective, nor do I want them when other payment methods are being actively used by my clients without any fuss that cost me zip to process.

Convenience

I assume you are referring to someone wanting to pay by card over the telephone?

In 20 years not 1 single person has ever asked me if they can pay by card over the phone, therefore I do not believe it is an inconvenience not to provide this facility.
    I get loads now. It is convenient and cheaper than paying in at a bank too.

I get loads now. It is convenient and cheaper than paying in at a bank too.
    I don't think I understand? Cheaper and more convenient for who?

It doesn't cost me anything to pay into my business account, even the envelope is postage paid for cheques!
    Exit stage left...

I don't think I understand? Cheaper and more convenient for who?

It doesn't cost me anything to pay into my business account, even the envelope is postage paid for cheques!
    More convenient for the client - not having to send a cheque or use online banking and more convenient for me, not having to go to the bank. I assume you still have to go to the post box?

I have to pay bank charges and it costs me less to take a card payment than it does to pay a cheque in.

The machine costs less than £5 a week to hire and I think it's worth every penny.

If it doesn't suit you or your business then fair enough, but it does me.

I use paypal for accepting deposits through my website. No complaints.

More convenient for the client - not having to send a cheque or use online banking and more convenient for me, not having to go to the bank.
    I find using online banking less of a chore and more secure than making a payment over the phone, each to their own I guess.

I assume you still have to go to the post box?
    That is the job of my Office Manager...

I have to pay bank charges and it costs me less to take a card payment than it does to pay a cheque in.
    Fair enough, I don't have any bank charges for paying anything in and spend less than £30 a year on PayPal fees.
    Exit stage left...