Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Thread: Advice needed: Traktor DJ Studio

Default Advice needed: Traktor DJ Studio

Okay then folks. Here goes...

I've just forked out some of my hard-earned for Traktor DJ Studio and my initial tests are going quite well. I like the way it organises tracks in it's collections and the extra fine control you get over how you play your music.

However, I do have one little problem that I hope one of you guys (or girls!) may be able to help out with.

When a track loads, I want the pitch setting to stay at neutral - ie 0. Not -, not + just 0. However, when the tracks load, the pitch setting often sets itself to extremes on +/-. This is not what I want. I'm really not too fussed about making the perfect mix. I'm a wedding DJ and I want my music to play out the way it was recorded. I don't want Robbie Williams to sound like Barry White or Bryan Adams to sound like Pinky and Perky.

So, ultimately, I want every track to load in at a level pitch. Any help would be gratefully received as I'd like to be taking this out on the road with me in the next few weeks.

Thanks in advance!
    Dazzy D
    Lightning Disco & Entertainment

Born to make you party!

Is auto pitch match on? Havent got Traktor (and not allowed it) but thats what it sounds like is happing
    http://www.dynamic-entertainment.co.uk

Tel:0800 990 3030

The opinions here are those of an individual and not necessarily those of Dynamic Entertainment.

Yeah you have auto pitch match turned on, simply turn it off in the preferences
    Northamptonshires Premier Video Disco • Northamptonshire based PAT Testing
    -----
    Pioneer DJM 2000, Apple MacBook Pro 17", 2 x Pioneer CDJ 1000 Mk III, 2 x Technics SL1210, Virtual DJ

Thanks for the advice, lads, but I can't find such an option in Prefs (or in the manual for that matter!). Can anyone point me in the right direction? I'm using Traktor DJ Studio 3.

I have found the Auto play feature, though, so that's one task less!

EDIT:

Found it! It's the Synchro Start feature! Got it working well now!

Thanks for the help, lads!
    Last edited by DazzyD; 03-02-2009 at 09:47 PM.
    Dazzy D
    Lightning Disco & Entertainment

Born to make you party!