Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Moving Heads

Darren's spot on, these are a generic mover which have been rebaged by various people. As far as I remember they're originally made by Neo Neon.

There do seem to be some slight differences depending whose version you buy (some LED displays are red, some blue).

I bought 4 a while back. They're not the Zoom ones, but almost exactly the same.

Mine have been nothing but trouble, and I wouldn't recommend them. The contacts corroded very quickly in the connections that lead from the transformer to the lamp, which caused them to heat up. They got so hot that they melted the plastic of the screw-terminals, parts of the plastic casing, and in some cases the metal of the contacts as well! I wouldn't be surprised if they actually caught fire if left on for long enough.

Exactly the same thing happened to all four, and I've seen a comment from someone else somewhere on the web saying the same thing happened to his.

Obviously mine might have been from a faulty batch or something so it might not happen to all of them, but certainly worth knowing about!

It's a shame because apart from that they're nice looking units, light, bright, and worked well.

That was my experience, yours might be different...
    Bright Lights Entertainment
    www.brightlightsentertainment.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by deckstardeluxe View Post
    i might be wrong but i seem to remember someone saying these zooms are pretty much the same as the imove 5's??
    not even in the same ball park fella the only thing they have in common is that they are moving heads thats where it stops
    www.infinitydiscouk.co.uk Bringing the party to life [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

501damian501

the staireville movers are the same as acme imove 5's

The Neo-Neon stuff (or however its badged) is garbage. They make lots of copies of popular lights, slightly re-named...(Warlock...)...etc.

Parts are garbage, transformers will blow, had a couple of scans where literally half the adhesive used to seal in gobos / color wheels had MELTED (fans still working...). Same as Silver Star, will work OK out of the box but give it a couple of months and ignitors will melt, motors will sieze, DMX boards will fail...and you will cry.

Short answer - avoid.

EDIT - Have had a Neo-Neon scanner catch fire, in a venue - whilst trading. (in reply to Bright lights post)
    Last edited by Alex - Cream Ents; 12-02-2009 at 08:17 PM.

you could pay the same for the acme imove 5, and the imove are well worth it
    CJ-Entertainment
    Your Professional DJ Service
    Tel: 0771 546 1992