Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: New Website - New Look

Quote Originally Posted by Corabar Steve View Post
    That was one of the things I found irritating. It was only due to inadvertently moving my mouse that I spotted the buttons. I was just sat there waiting for something to happen.
    Did some research on this last night, the buttons only show up on 1280*1024 resolution or above with 32 bit colour depth, will need to make that more friendly. Larger Text & more interesting soundbytes are on my "to-do" list.

This is in no way the completed article, I only started playing around with Flash on Friday night, still got a lot to learn. Thanks for all your comments.
    Sex and Drugs 'n' Sausage Rolls!

Quote Originally Posted by OneSteve View Post
    Did some research on this last night, the buttons only show up on 1280*1024 resolution or above with 32 bit colour depth
    These are the settings I use. I still didn't see the buttons till I inadvertantly hovered over them.

Steve, you have to think about the people using the site and whether or not your site is going to convert their initial visit into an enquiry, that's the job of your website. I personally quite like it mate, but, I think your bounce rate is going to be through the roof. People surfing the internet to purchase a product or service have very little patience and that landing page will test peoples patience massively. Keep it simple, all singing all dancing flashy websites don't really count for much when someone wants to book a disco IMO.

It's lovely. Really.

If you're selling photographs or art pieces online.

It doesn't work for me as a mobile DJ site... sorry. I know you've put a lot of work into it and it must be hard to take the feedback that this thread has generated - I know I'd be gutted.

You really need to go back to the very beginning and think about the customers you're trying to attract, and how you want (need) to sell your service to them. Most don't know what they want, or what's achievable. They need guidance; they don't need to be rummaging around a multimedia website trying to work it out for themselves.

Lose the sound effects. If you must use flash, save it for sidebar navigation or moving slideshows etc. but write up the majority of the site in clear decent-sized high contrast text interspersed with graphics and pictures.

There are a lot of very successful DJ operators on this forum - take a look at their websites. Marginal (if any) flash. Simple layouts. Guided formats. SEO best practice adopted. Nothing too pretentious. That's what works for this target market.

Red face

Hi,

A bit late into the thread....

However, I couldn't see any site, as my work laptop doesn't have flash.

Granted, at home I would be able to, but just a thought.