Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: New Website - New Look

Quote Originally Posted by Solitaire Entertainments Ltd View Post
    Took about 5 seconds to load here, so not too bad.
    Let me guess.....you got cable broadband? man I miss that now I'm down here in carrot-cruncher land!

Quote Originally Posted by yourdj View Post
    ....not too client friendly for your average person booking a function. generally women.
    Agree with that, that's why I did a lot research and got lots of feedback from women whilst I was buiding my site, the colours, layout, text etc. were all carefully chosen with that in mind.

I try to appeal to Brides.....I'm aiming for the Wedding market and in my experience it's the women that do most of the legwork, works for me anyway....

EDIT: sorry just re-read my post ME ME ME!....should have asked what kind of work you're looking to attract?
    Last edited by Tony Scott; 08-02-2009 at 06:24 PM.
    ----------www.partyshopdisco.co.uk - www.weddingdiscodorset.co.uk
    -----Outstanding Wedding Disco Entertainment for Dorset & Somerset
    -----------------------01305 775579 - 07876 136663

Quote Originally Posted by penmare42 View Post
    Nope no good here....

Did have a look around this time.....not bad ....but you seem to have mice running around....

Picture page looks a bit plastic IMO.

I thought the squeak sound was cute for a while, it's starting to wear a bit thin now though. Might add a soundbyte of a backspin or something similar to it.

Picture Page is getting an overhaul, none of the pictures are mine. It was just to get a "feel" of the look. The original effect has thumbnails on the righthand side that when clicked on, appear in the larger right hand side frame. Looks really smart but I seem to have dropped the feature whilst editing yesterday.
    Sex and Drugs 'n' Sausage Rolls!

steve what program did you use to put the template in and re design?

Also how long did it take you to do?

Did you have any knowledge of flash before hand?

Sorry for the questions just intersted for me!
    JDB Events - Making your event Buzz!
    www.jdb-events.co.uk
    www.hirepartydancefloors.co.uk

It's 100% Flash - Search engines won't be able to read it -Some workplaces won't allow viewing it.

Good luck with that.

Isnt there a problem as well where there is more and more people surfing from there smartphones that don't support flash.

Quote Originally Posted by JDB Entertainment View Post
    steve what program did you use to put the template in and re design?

Also how long did it take you to do?

Did you have any knowledge of flash before hand?

Sorry for the questions just intersted for me!
    I used Adobe Flash CS4, no experience with Flash before or website design for that matter, but I'am an IT consultant Full-Time although admitedly most of my work concentrates on Email/Archiving/Backup and Virtual Servers, I did find the Flash program easy to find my way around.

Quote Originally Posted by Marc J View Post
    It's 100% Flash - Search engines won't be able to read it -Some workplaces won't allow viewing it.

Good luck with that.
    A mate did say that using flash would make the site search engine "unfriendly" however he did come back with THIS a couple of days later.

Once I get it the way I want it, I'll concentrate on getting it web search friendly by using one of the above tricks.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by CB Entertainments View Post
    Isnt there a problem as well where there is more and more people surfing from there smartphones that don't support flash.
    I find any kind of surfing from my iphone to be ridiculous. People who do find it enjoyable might account for 0.01% of my bookings this year.

Like the comments so far, the WAF (Woman acceptance factor) of the site is currently less than 3, might need to drop the black background or add some nice curtains/cushions.

like everyone else, its very slow to load

the buttons are invisible, until i got impatient and waggled the mouse around, i didnt know they were there

for some reason, it doesnt fit entirely onto my screen? I have to scroll down to see some of it

"No Homemix units from Argos or lights from maplins"

whilst this may amuse fellow DJ's, this wont make sense to customers, and i wont mention the legal repercussions of such a statement!

Quote Originally Posted by Bouncy Dancefloor View Post
    like everyone else, its very slow to load

the buttons are invisible, until i got impatient and waggled the mouse around, i didnt know they were there

for some reason, it doesnt fit entirely onto my screen? I have to scroll down to see some of it

"No Homemix units from Argos or lights from maplins"

whilst this may amuse fellow DJ's, this wont make sense to customers, and i wont mention the legal repercussions of such a statement!

It's optimized for a 17" or higher screen, as no one else has mentioned it I can only assume your laptop/PC display is displaying a lower res? The buttons should appear as a lighter grey on a black backgroud. Get yourself to specsavers! LOL

The comment regarding Argos and Maplin units I think is justified, when those Fisher Price units take centre stage at BPM, I'll take the technology they offer seriously, until then they belong in the "Laughable" section, together with any DJ using them.