Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Serato Scratch Live - Rane

Smile Serato Scratch Live - Rane

Hi Guys,

Appologies in advance if I have started another thread, but I couldn't locate one for this topic.

I was just wondering who uses Searto Scratch Live?

For the last year, its been a key part to nightclub DJing gigs, and I feel that I couldn't go back now that my entire music collection has been converted.

Just wondering on your views of such hardware/software?

Thanks

Ash

I have used serato for the past 5 months and I have to say it's great. Alot easier to take my music collection on hard drive and still be able to use the CDJ's to manipulate the music is great too.

Great software well reccomended to club dj's.

Quote Originally Posted by djsteve10 View Post
    I have used serato for the past 5 months and I have to say it's great. Alot easier to take my music collection on hard drive and still be able to use the CDJ's to manipulate the music is great too.

Great software well reccomended to club dj's.
    Yes!

I use CDJs to mix and the usual club gear when doing guest spots.

I still think some clubs are thinking its a type of 'VDJ', auto beatmatching etc.. but I think it's becoming recognised that this isnt the case, which is only a good thing.

Crate'ing, BPM's displays and waves allow for some smooth, better mixing too.

Top stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by ExtremeFoam View Post
    Yes!

I use CDJs to mix and the usual club gear when doing guest spots.

I still think some clubs are thinking its a type of 'VDJ', auto beatmatching etc.. but I think it's becoming recognised that this isnt the case, which is only a good thing.

Crate'ing, BPM's displays and waves allow for some smooth, better mixing too.

Top stuff.
    Alot of clubs recognise the software and how the DJ's use it. Serato is also alot easier in the aid of using samples and also changing your mind at the very last second as a CDJ with a cd takes around 8 seconds to load a cd which can be a matter of music or no music.

I use it. Last time i covered Lloyds bar in Carlisle, i was asked whether my computer done the work, when i explained i was told fine. I think that they didnt want a VDJ type of thing.

I love SSL!
    http://www.dynamic-entertainment.co.uk

Tel:0800 990 3030

The opinions here are those of an individual and not necessarily those of Dynamic Entertainment.

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoSteve View Post
    I use it. Last time i covered Lloyds bar in Carlisle, i was asked whether my computer done the work, when i explained i was told fine. I think that they didnt want a VDJ type of thing.

I love SSL!
    Slightly off topic but what Agency supplys the dj's to Lloyds bars & Yate's?

Im not sure the name. Its a scouser called Steve that ive dealt with. Im not stricktly on their books. One of the guys i work with is, but on a few occasions hes not been able to cover, so put my name forward and i got the work. I didnt want to be on their books though as they have restrictions in place. Ill find out the name of the agency for you.

The opinions here are those of an individual and not necessarily those of Dynamic Entertainment.

Quote Originally Posted by djsteve10 View Post
    Slightly off topic but what Agency supplys the dj's to Lloyds bars & Yate's?
    Its a company called Event Uk the pay is low though.
    Northamptonshires Premier Video Disco • Northamptonshire based PAT Testing
    -----
    Pioneer DJM 2000, Apple MacBook Pro 17", 2 x Pioneer CDJ 1000 Mk III, 2 x Technics SL1210, Virtual DJ

That name doesnt ring a bell. The wage wasnt that bad, considering all i turned up with was a lappy, headphones and a mic

They average about £120 a gig and long hours.
    Northamptonshires Premier Video Disco • Northamptonshire based PAT Testing
    -----
    Pioneer DJM 2000, Apple MacBook Pro 17", 2 x Pioneer CDJ 1000 Mk III, 2 x Technics SL1210, Virtual DJ