Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: DENONHD2500 - drag and drop

Quote Originally Posted by Solitaire Entertainments Ltd View Post
    And plugging a laptop into a Denon is complicated?
    It sounds like it to me. It also seems complex to others apparently.

As one who has so far firmly eschewed gaining vast knowledge of the working processes of the much vaunted Denon, I assume you're all connecting a USB cable from a socket on the Denon to a Laptop/PC in order to access the internal HD on it? I guess the procedure for a DDS80 would be similar?
    Me I'll stick with simple.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

Incorrect Tom. You really should check before making these statements.

Just find the Denon HDD on the PC you are transferring from and drag and drop/copy and paste and then re-do your database.

I've always done it this way without problems.
    Well if I said I know it was that way and I got it wrong then fair enough but I said as far as I know, meaning the only way I know was using Denon DJ Music Manager.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom View Post
    Well if I said I know it was that way and I got it wrong then fair enough but I said as far as I know, meaning the only way I know was using Denon DJ Music Manager.

Yes, but you are answering a direct question incorrectly and giving the wrong advice.

This is what you said and it is the wrong advice. You don't have to use Denon MM...

And it makes no difference if you say "As far as I know"

Quote Originally Posted by Tom View Post
    As far as I know, no. You have to use the Denon Dj Music Manager.

Yes, but you are answering a direct question incorrectly and giving the wrong advice.

This is what you said and it is the wrong advice. You don't have to use Denon MM...

And it makes no difference if you say "As far as I know"
    Well in that case I take back what I said and apologise for giving the wrong advice.

Default Denon Hd2500

Hi,
    Usually, you should be able to connect a USB up to the unit, and it should act like a Flash Drive.

I would hope that it would be drag and drop, otherwise you'd have to click "Add to folder" 4,000 times.

Okies here goes. Max G is spot on with this.

Connect the rounded end of the usb (b) connector to the denon hd2500 plug the otherside into your laptop or pc.

press the red source button the machine and select with the parameter knob PC. and press the parameter knob down.

You can drag and drop onto the internal denon hardisk. You dont even have to use the music manager either to do it. When you have put the music on. switch the denon off. and remove the usb cable.

Then switch the denon back on and Press the Util Mode button on the denon. and go to initialisation and the option (database creation or edit database something like that) and select the drive and then create the database and that way you can do it without the music manager.

If you need any help Grahame send me a PM and ill try my best to help you with it.

I don't know why someone said you would have to click 'Add Folder' around 4000 times? I click on the specific HD I am adding to, click on 'Add Folder' and then go to the folder where I am adding tunes from. I then press down CTRL and select multiple files and add them all at the same time. It works for me.

Quote Originally Posted by shakermaker View Post
    I don't know why someone said you would have to click 'Add Folder' around 4000 times? I click on the specific HD I am adding to, click on 'Add Folder' and then go to the folder where I am adding tunes from. I then press down CTRL and select multiple files and add them all at the same time. It works for me.

Please excuse the Village Idiot for getting involved here, but does this moving of files involve the use of a PC as I suspected? Or is the Denon cleverer than I thought?

You need a pc to do it yes. because the denon internal hardisk appears like a flash drive does on your computer. it will be labelled a drive letter.

As for the music manager for the denon Its optional. You dont have to use it to update the database. You can use the util mode on the denon to do it

Quote Originally Posted by Twinspin View Post
    You need a pc to do it yes. because the denon internal hardisk appears like a flash drive does on your computer. it will be labelled a drive letter.

As for the music manager for the denon Its optional. You dont have to use it to update the database. You can use the util mode on the denon to do it
    Thanks for that John.