Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Thread: Mackie S215's

Question Mackie S215's

Hi again all,
    I was wondering wether or not any of you have heard or got the Mackie S215's (Pasive cabs) and how you rate them.
    I bought a pair in January, but due to illness have not fired them up! as yet.
    Have got the power amp to run them, just wondering on the sound. Should have had a listen first, but bought of the internet for £350 (brand new) the pair, so thought I'd take a chance.

Cheers
    Roy James

Well after 15 gigs, these cabs BALLL!!!!!! woweeeeeee! For the price of £350 for the pair these will give any of your top of the range cabs a run for their money! (Sorry but Kam, Soundlab, Peavey.....) Don't come any where close.

15 gigs since 12th Feb ! wow you've certainly got your money's worth already mate !

Default Mackie S215's

Hi again, not all my own gigs (I wish!!) had them out on hire as well, and got really great comments back on them, they really do perform well.
    Glad now I got them, was a bit worried at first coz of the name Mackie, and so much of the powered stuff breaking down (Have a look on the Mackie forum site) but as these are the passive cabs there is no problem.
    Well worth the £350.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Roy James View Post
    Well after 15 gigs, these cabs BALLL!!!!!! woweeeeeee! For the price of £350 for the pair these will give any of your top of the range cabs a run for their money! (Sorry but Kam, Soundlab, Peavey.....) Don't come any where close.
    I bought a pair of S215s for £450 (DJ Kit) and from what I have heard from them - they are AMAZING!

The high frequencies are crystal clear and the low frequencies boom! I gave ONE of these cabs a test the other day outside and ran it up to 400 watts on one side of a power amp - you could still hear the booming sound of these from 4 blocks away! Compared to other speakers in their price range, they completely blow them away (literally) with their efficiency and quality.

One question tho - how do you mount them at gigs? They weigh so much and it takes two people to move them (via dragging then around the place!)

Hi there, glad you like the cabs, I would recommend to any one for that price. As for lifting them onto stands, a bit tricky but a bit of practice and patience and you will get there.

Quote Originally Posted by Roy James View Post
    Hi there, glad you like the cabs, I would recommend to any one for that price. As for lifting them onto stands, a bit tricky but a bit of practice and patience and you will get there.
    Oi. Alan. Cross the Mackies off the list.

Their physical dimensions are very close to my Class D's, and they're 3Kg heavier. Ah well.

I'd agree that practice and technique are very important.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

I run a pair of these and they are awesome, I run them on stands and don't find them too bad to rig, have just bought a set of their big brothers the S225's from Whybuynew last week and the rig now sounds superb.Previously ran four Class D CD215's,but the Mackies are 4 ohm so two less cabs to move but incredebly heavy so just making some wheel boards for them.