Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Thread: D2 Director - Virtualdj and karaoke

Threaded View

Default D2 Director - Virtualdj and karaoke

Hi,

does anyone know if it it is possible to utilise a Numark D2 Director with VirtualDJ and use the video/karaoke element of VirtualDJ.

Correct me if I am wrong the Numark D2 director does not support playback of CDG files and video.

I just thought that if I was to use virtualdj in conjunction with a D2 Director I could somehow use the D2 for Mp3's and then when I wanted to play a cdg file I could use the virtualdj for playback. But I guess that would mean that everytime I wanted to play karaoke out from VirtualDJ it would mean switching off the connection in the remote control settings. and pass the audio out via my usb soundcard. A lot of faffing about I guess.

I suppose I could just opt for a cortex1000 or 3000 and just use the laptop with virtualdj for karaoke - I don't think the cortex interfaces with Virtualdj.

Without spending buckets on a Pioneer MEP-7000 I cant see how I can achieve the end result.

Any suggestions greatfully received.
    Last edited by welby; 15-02-2009 at 07:38 PM.
    -------------------------------------------------------

-------------------------------------------------------
    www.vip-disco.co.uk