Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: D2 Director - Virtualdj and karaoke

Quote Originally Posted by deltic View Post
    just an observation but if you are saying your laptop is not stable on the audio side how is it gonna manage grafix?
    The laptop is a high spec gaming laptop - Acer 5920G - Dual, Core Duo - Dedicated Nvidia GeForce 8600m GS (250mb) and I have not had any problems running virtual dj running graphics.

And I run virtual dj into a Maya44 external Soundcard into my mixer.

I have had one crash and that was my fault as I tried to do something in background while Virtual DJ was playing (NOT RECOMMENDED).

I just feel that I would like to move to a dedicated digital player and just use the laptop for karaoke, leaving the twin cd players and two heavy cases of cds at home.

With a digital player (Not a controller for virtual dj) and having virtual DJ as Karaoke/backup would be a good option for me.

The Pioneer MEP7000 probably does the lot, but has an hefty price tag of around £1600 and currently I cannot justify the cost.
    Last edited by welby; 17-02-2009 at 01:08 PM.
    -------------------------------------------------------

-------------------------------------------------------
    www.vip-disco.co.uk

its a hefty price the pionerr but heard nothing but good reports about it...still think its expensive though..id much rather use a controller DAC 3 / DMC 2 with a laptop to be honest as my eye sights not the best......