Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: ADJ MyDmx

Ahh, ok so it does work. I think I have miss read your posts then.

Just want to ask a few more questions. Are the dip switches all setup on the lights and on the software also???

I know in daslight, which is quite the same as mydmx, you can add lights which then put them in order on a 512 dmx chart. You can then move them and give them any start number.

You say the dynamos and the mystics both work. I take it you have tryed the colour burst on its own and not in a chain of lights?

Yes, I have tried that too mate.
    I have now boxed it up and am taking it back this morning which is gutting.

Quote Originally Posted by shakermaker View Post
    Yes, I have tried that too mate.
    I have now boxed it up and am taking it back this morning which is gutting.
    Ahh, well I have no idea what it could be. .

Hope you get it sorted. Have you thought about taking your laptop with you aswell so the shop owner could have a look? Might be worth a try.

Just got back and decided to try another copy as he had one left. I will let you know how I get on later (if I don't lose it).

Did you manage to get it sorted out, Gary?

This will make you laugh...This is a long reply as I hope it helps someone else that may have problems.

So for future reference.

Jingles at the ADJ MYDMX forum is the man to know ok...
    Now, the other day he sent me a new .ssl file to add to the fixtures list. I added it and nothing worked. That's when I decided that enough was enough and if even he couldn't get it working then it was either my lack of knowledge, stupidity..whatever, I just thought that the unit may be faulty.

I went back to Reading yesterday and explained the problems that I was having. I went with the intention of just getting a refund but in the end decided that I like the product so I exchanged it for another copy. I got home, un-installed everything and then re-installed the new lot and guess what....the bloody thing was exactly the same!! It was even worse second time round because everytime I opened up the program, it went into Demo mode as it wasn't reading the USB dongle. After a bit of mucking about in System Management and Device Manager and then a re-boot it started to work but still couldn't see the flippin' Colourbursts.

I then decided to test the Mystics and they worked perfectly, as did the Dynamos and even the LittleLED's and a few other lights I tested. I called the shop again in Reading and told my mate the problem and he said that first thing this morning he would test the unit on his laptop with a Colourburst, he couldn't do it yesterday as the USB ports on his shop pc are knackered.

This morning I received a call from him and he said it was working perfectly with one of the units. He also said that in the shop at the time, quite by chance, was a guy that was using Colourbursts with MYDMX with no problems so he put him on the phone.

Check this out...

He said that the manual sends you up the wrong street for starters, telling you to do stuff that you don't need to. He also said that the Dip Switch settings that the screen shows when you click on the unit in the fixture list is totally wrong and also upside down....(I kind of worked that one out myself when I was trying loads of different ways of getting it to work), but he also said that in order for the Colourbursts to work with MYDMX, the Dip Switch settings should be as follows:

Unit 1 should have Dip Switch 1 and 10 ON with the rest down. (MYDMX tells you that Unit 1 should have Dip Switch 1 down and the rest on judging by the example on the screen which is obviously wrong).

If you use 2 Units then it should be - Unit 1 (1, 10 ON) and Unit 2 (1,3,10 ON)

As I said, the .ssl file that Jingles from the forum sent me, didn't work. Looking at it now I can kind of see why because the guy at Total Sounds in Reading sent me a .ssl file too and having looked at the two togeather...well, Jingles from MYDMX had the Dimmer/Strobe etc on Ch1 and then Red Ch2, Green Ch3 and Blue Ch4. The new .ssl file I have puts them as Red Ch1, Green Ch2, Blue Ch3 and Dimmer/Strobe Ch4 and it works perfectly.

How can it be that the guys that developed the software and know it inside out etc aren't 'on the ball' with this? I have had multiple email conversations with the guys on the MYDMX forum and all of them more or less gave up as they thought they had gone over every possible explanation and possible solution. There is no mention anywhere and no'one said anything about Ch 10 having to be on too. Now, that may sound bloody obvious to those out there that know about DMXing etc but I am a total newbie when it comes to it. I purchased the MYDMX because it looked so easy to use and I guess from now on, it will be BUT come on....If the people on the forums give up because, probably in reality they get fed up trying to help when they THINK they have been over everything...then it can potentially put you off big time.

I have been lucky today because a very helpful guy has helped me out and I am now happy that I can move on when I get time and really get to work on this. I currently have 8 Colourburst units DMX'd up and all is well.

I hope this helps for future reference and I will be posting on the MYDMX forum about this too.

Haha

I'm glad you got it sorted now.

Time for a lol

I'll have a beer or two tomorrow for my...ahem...cough...birthday.

I've just been advised aswell that I should have read the LEDJ Colourburst manual aswell because it states in there that Dip Switch 10 should be ON aswell.

Arrghh