Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Thread: Meta tags or site content - which is recognised

ppentertainments

Default Meta tags or site content - which is recognised

Bit of a disagreement. I have noticed that google etc seem to pick up my site content only, yet everyone I talk to about SEO claim it is the meta tags that get you higher positions - Any opinions ??

Meta title, meta description, good use of h1 / h2 (apparently Google prefers h2???), good page copy, alt / title tags on images, relevant reciprocal linking are all important (not in that order) in my opinion.

Most search engines will read meta keywords....but most searches (over 80%) are done through Google....who don't. How much importance those search engines who read them place on them is another matter....

Probably doesn't do any harm including relevant meta keywords on a page...just don't overdo it as this could have a detrimental effect.

Meta tags used to be very important, but the concensus of opinion nowerdays is content and inbound links are much more important
    Inside every old person, is a young person wondering 'What The Hell Happened'. Tempus Fugit

Disco 4 Hire

Title tags and heading tags are important.

Make sure your targeted keywords are in both, as well as mentioned a couple of times in your body text.

Good quality links into your site containing your keywords in the anchor text are worth their weight in gold as well.

Hi.

In addition, it's always useful to include varients of the main keyword for a particular page weaved throughout the content.

The Title tag is super important as in Google at least, that is what the clickable text will be in the results listing.

Similarly, the description is normally used to display extra info. So something inviting, but not too lengthy or it will be cut short.

Heading tags, both for the SEs and your visitors are vital.

headings and subheadings is how visitors will scan your site for relevant information. Make them descriptive and keyword rich when possible.

As others have already said, a good link strategy will pay dividentds if done properly. And that doesn't mean submitting your site on autopilot to a squillion different free directories that are not relevant and that no one visits.

Cheers
    Darren

Quote Originally Posted by markthedoc View Post
    Title tags and heading tags are important.

Make sure your targeted keywords are in both, as well as mentioned a couple of times in your body text.

Good quality links into your site containing your keywords in the anchor text are worth their weight in gold as well.
    Really?

I have no links and a home made website that may have meta tags--I dont know what they are in fact--no dont tell me.

The site is top of Google rankings in its category and has been for a long time.

Explain and Discuss---

Im lost

Sorry pp the answer was content!!!!

CRAZY K