Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you sing when doing Karaoke?

Default Do you sing when doing Karaoke?

I'm thinking of adding Karaoke, as I've been asked if I offer it alot lately, but I just thought today, if I did, would I be expected to sing a song or two? ie is a unwritten rule I sing as when i've seen karaoke the dj mostly sings one or two to get things going...and just fot the record, I am a terrible singer and don't fancy that at all.

Just wondered what everyone else does.
    Last edited by Jay; 13-03-2009 at 06:57 PM.

Well I'm in the same boat as you. I did a gig a couple of weeks ago and did some Karaoke but didn't sing.

I don't think people 'expect' you to sing, but I guess if you select the right song, can get people more inclined to come up and have a go.

I'm lots of people will post their thoughts on it, but I wouldn't expect a DJ to sing when offering Karaoke

I dont offer this but I would give it a go if I did. I think it's good is the service provider (very fonejacker-ish) did sing.

I had singing lessons at collage as part of my music course. If I had the bottle I would sing in to a microphone. lol.

I think you have to be prepared to sing to be a Karaoke host. I always sing at least two or three songs a night and I mostly find that if nobody is singing and I get up and do a song the slips soon come rolling in. I don't think it would help your cause not to sing.

Personally, I don't think you would have to sing, if the karaoke was an add-on to the disco.

At the start of the night when they're sober and slow to get up I sing 2 or 3 songs, after they've had a few shots of sambuca you normally won't need to, infact the words "When is it my turn" "Is it me next" and "I put my request up before them" will start to get on your nerves ! lol

ppentertainments

Normally I don't. I always offer karaoke and disco together and if karaoke is a bit slow I wait until a few cards are handed back before starting the karaoke. If I feel it is needed I will sing though.

As far as should / shouldn't you, IMO you are hired to provide a good nights entertainment. If you can do this without singing fine, but if needed ................... Just remember you don't have to be any good, just entertaining.

Sadly yes. The proof can be seen here, if you so wish. Only for those with a strong constitution though. Get there early, or miss the fun.
    http://www.mobilediscodirectory.co.u...ad.php?t=18847
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

djharvey

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    I'm thinking of adding Karaoke, as I've been asked if I offer it alot lately, but I just thought today, if I did, would I be expected to sing a song or two? ie is a unwritten rule I sing as when i've seen karaoke the dj mostly sings one or two to get things going...and just fot the record, I am a terrible singer and don't fancy that at all.

Just wondered what everyone else does.
    doing karaoke myself i wouldnt say i was a great singer or a bad one either surely its all about giving them a good night i woulnt worrie if your not good a singing if they see your trying i thing it would make more people join in